VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I do not have a preview image while capturing DV in Adobe Premiere Pro 2021. I also do not get an image before I start recording.

If I have direct sound at all times.

Captures are successful even if you don't have a preview.

I have the preview options activated during capture.

Any solution? I see that it happens to a lot of people but I could not find the solution. I would like to be able to preview since the material I am capturing is of interest to me, and it would save post-viewing time.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    As suggested in the other thread use Sc-live. DV is not capture although Premiere may think so, It is a file transfer 1:1 and bit by bit, except that it is in real time due to the limited bandwith of the firewire port.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    As suggested in the other thread use Sc-live. DV is not capture although Premiere may think so, It is a file transfer 1:1 and bit by bit, except that it is in real time due to the limited bandwith of the firewire port.
    I am using ScenalyzerLive 4.0 and I get a preview of the capture, it just doesn't seem fluid, I would like it to be a more real visualization in terms of fluency but better than nothing. Thanks

My preference for Premiere is because then I use it directly to export compressed files in H.264, but I can still do it with the Encoder.
    Quote Quote