VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi all i captured a tv show on my computer with my win tv go card using meadia studio pro straight from cable tv when i played back my video it had a kinda loud hissing sound. would anyone know how to eliminate it or maybe after or during re encoding to vcd compliant to eliminate it as much as possible. thnak you for your time
    Quote Quote  
  2. Video567, sound hissing is most likely produced by low-quality cables/plug converters between your box and the PC. I would suggest you get better cables and eliminate all converters if possible, for example if you have a MiniJack to RCA converter get rid of it and get a miniJack to RCA cable.
    To save your existing captures I recommend Cool Edit Pro. It can just deal with wav files (which can or cannot be a problem) but it does a GREAT job in removing hiss from recordings. I use it to remove hiss from age-old tape recordings and after a bit of experimenting with the options I got really good results.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SupaCoopa on 2001-10-01 06:01:32 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks i only have the one cable going from my wall to the pc. but its an old cable.. ill get a new one any try it out. thanks supa
    Quote Quote