VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Glad to see you're finally realizing the dangers of selling something you don't have clear rights to.

FYI, you may already be aware of this, but from the Netherlands Copyright law website:

"Copyright after death

If you die, copyright is automatically transferred to your heirs. Copyright ceases to apply 70 years after the death of the work’s creator."

And:

"Portrait right

If you film or photograph people, you will be the owner of the copyright but not the portrait right. The portrait right allows the portrayed person to prohibit the publication or copying of the photo or film. In many cases you must ask permission to publish a portrait. Portrait right falls under copyright laws."

https://business.gov.nl/regulation/copyright/
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, I was aware. But I'll read through that link, something you can't do enough.

Copyright law is a bit different in every country. I'm not sure which one to use; where I live, where the company that is using the footage is, or where the footage was taken.

I do have several films from WWII, taken on 9,5mm. These films show nazi officers and soldiers.

Families of identified personnel can and have kept footage from being published/used.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dutchsteammachine View Post

Copyright law is a bit different in every country. I'm not sure which one to use; where I live, where the company that is using the footage is, or where the footage was taken.
    That's what copyright lawyers and not random laypersons on the internet are for.

Anyway, keep posting your videos if you want, but seeing that I'm the only one responding to this thread, I think active interest in them has passed. Good luck in your adventures!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I am working on acquiring the latest 1080p scans of all the Apollo 16mm film as production-quality files. I will then be able to provide an even higher quality experience!

It will be expensive, but worth it. The quality boost from the 720p files I used previously is great. Takes a lot more time to render, but worth it.

Here is a video of the 1080p source found on archive.org.

Quote Quote