VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is the best site for music downloads to edit to hoem movies that I am editing. Additionally, is there a trick to putting downloaded tracks onto a video project? I tried Napster downloads, but was unabel to import them into my video project. Thank you for your help with this matter.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Convert your music to wav and you should be able to import it in all video editors.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Napster downloads, as well as those from many of the 'popular' (legal) music download services, are protected by DRM and can't be converted or imported/used as-is with other programs.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You really need to say what kind of music you're after, as we don't know what's in your home movies.

Is it shots of you doing crazy stuff on skateboards / skis etc.? Or is it tranquil family holidays in the country with your 60 year old husband / wife?
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by daamon
    You really need to say what kind of music you're after, as we don't know what's in your home movies.

Is it shots of you doing crazy stuff on skateboards / skis etc.? Or is it tranquil family holidays in the country with your 60 year old husband / wife?
    Thanks for the help. I am new to video editing and tryign to make some home movies of my family. Is there a site where I can download music/songs to use in video editing? OR how is this done? Thanks again for yoru help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    www.archive.org has pretty big collection of public domain music.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try AcidPlanet. Please understand that some songs are copyrighted.
    http://www.acidplanet.com/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    your favorite music is fine
    it's when you start selling that it becomes problematic
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cschinnerer
    What is the best site for music downloads to edit to hoem movies that I am editing. Additionally, is there a trick to putting downloaded tracks onto a video project? I tried Napster downloads, but was unabel to import them into my video project. Thank you for your help with this matter.
    Not sure about legal downloading sites but you are aware you can import music from your CD collection if you have your fav songs you want to use??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Rudyard
    Originally Posted by cschinnerer
    Not sure about legal downloading sites but you are aware you can import music from your CD collection if you have your fav songs you want to use??
    Using CDs is my favorite way of adding music.
    Saves me lots of time selecting the music that I want to use.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yeah, the lack of usable for video music downloads is a pain. Yes, some is out there but it would be nice to be able to use whatever music you paid for! Oh, I guess if it's a commercial DVD you're making then it's illegal AND unethical to use copyrighted mucis. However, my conscience it perfectly OK with using a song I paid for (CD or legal download) in a video of my kids playing basketball!

I must confess, a few times I've had to go to the file sharing sites to get a song I own through iTunes as a DRM-free version for a video! Now, i have learned how to convert the iTunes songs for DRM free mp3 format. I assume that will work fine in a video but haven't had the need to try it yet. If they play on my mp3 player, then i assume it's fine.

good luck. Stay legal - although the music industry and Apple want to push you underground!
    Quote Quote