VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I had put some YouTube films (mp4 format) on to a blank DVD disc. First time trying the disc in a mp4 compatible Blu-ray player the disc played fine no problem. When trying the same disc again next day. The player stated disc not compatible. Anyone know why this is, and how to rectify the issue ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried playing it on your computer?I had similar issues years ago and the discs wouldn't be recognized but after a few days they started working again,never did find out what went wrong,just give the disc a rest and try it later,might take a while.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Have you tried playing it on your computer?I had similar issues years ago and the discs wouldn't be recognized but after a few days they started working again,never did find out what went wrong,just give the disc a rest and try it later,might take a while.
    "Digital bits work in mysterious ways!"
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for replies

johns0 wrote:
    Have you tried playing it on your computer?
    Yes, you are correct about discs sometimes working when leaving for a period of time. The strangest thing was when i played a mp4 (digital container file) in a blu-ray player which wasn't compatible according to the spec's and it worked.

Yes netmask56 as you say "Digital bits work in mysterious ways!" lol

Thanks
    Quote Quote