VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey there, newbie here.

Some time ago I bought from Amazon a video grabber "V-TOP" which I used with Windows 7 with a few to no problem. It rested there for a while but, since I have A LOT of old VHS (home made) I'd like to convert, I reinstalled it on my new (win 10) pc.

Here come the problems. I tried both with ArcSoft ShowBiz and with OBS with the same result: I can't get a good signal. In fact, the video signal keeps "jumping" back and forth a couple of frames even without a VHS inserted. I tried every PAL/SECAM/NTSC setting with no luck (Italy should be PAL B).
    I have no problem using a TV.
    The VCR I'm using is a Thompson DTH6100E (it's a combo DVD/VCR) and the video (and audio) signal is grabbed through AV (the grabber has also an S-Video in but the VCR doesn't).
    These are my specs: Windows 10, Intel Core I7@7700K - 4.20GHz, 16Gb RAM, 450Gb SSD + 1TB @7200RPM, NVidia GTX 1080

Hope someone can help. TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Right out of the gate, OBS is universally frowned upon for capturing analog signals. VirtualDub 1.9.11 (?) is often recommended.
    Go back to Windows 7 and get a better capture device.
    After I quit torturing myself in W10 I reactivated my P360 ( 2.3GHz) Dual Core W7 lappy and never looked back.
    It helps to have some TBC in the workflow, too.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I guess I'll give it a try
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To be clear, I use the W7 laptop for capture only, I still use my W10 HP tower for the power editing.
    MY capture devices are Diamond VC-500, a Hauppauge 850 and 950, 2 Tevion DVD Makers, and a Vidbox, and they all work GREAT in W7.
    Last edited by Barrythecrab; 4th Apr 2022 at 04:54.
    Quote Quote