VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a Sony MDP-600 Laserdisc player, and I was finally (after two decades) getting around to converting the content to digital files. When I tried to do so, the video was fine, but got no audio (my same setup works fine coming from a VCR). I moved between the two analog outputs, with no difference. I'm also getting no audio from the headphone jack. I tried switching from analog to digital audio, still nothing.

So I read I should try putting a CD in and playing that. So I did--and now the player will not spit out it out! I can put a laserdisc in, and it still plays (still w/o audio), but the CD seems to have disappeared. If I take out the laserdisc, I can apparently still play the CD (I see indications on the display that it's playing, but still no audio).

Does this unit have a separate CD player inside, and the disc is stuck in there? Help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Doh! It just spit out the CD!

So, back to the real issue--why can't I get audio off my laserdiscs? I'm tried multiple discs with no effect.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ask and answer one simple Q. If you connect the same player and any LD to a tv do you get sound ?

And for the former. You have only, I guess, one disk tray but a CD is smaller than a LD and there could be a division in the tray for CDs. Just ensure that there is still not another one in the tray.
    Quote Quote  
  4. What is the make and model? Some of the later laserdisc players had AC3 audio. I think some of them had a switch or menu item that turned that on/off.

Another feature is that my Pioneer laserdisc player has is the ability to play either the analog or digital track. It's been quite awhile since I played a laserdisc, but as I remember, if you set the player to the digital track, but you only had analog, you got no sound.
    Quote Quote