VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm curious if there's a way I can capture these tapes without converting the signal? Perhaps less quality lost. Using a DRM ES25 for pass through TBC
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    The VC500 handles PAL. Not sure about SECAM; Diamond does not mention it. You'll have to leave out the ES25, which is NTSC only.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    The VC500 handles PAL. Not sure about SECAM; Diamond does not mention it. You'll have to leave out the ES25, which is NTSC only.
    That's what I was afraid of. I need to ES25 for TBC. So I guess my only option would be to capture the signal converted to NTSC and IVTC?
    Quote Quote  
  4. AviSource("C:\Users\User\Desktop\believe.avi")
    AssumeTFF
    Trim(last, 205, 5945)
    TFM.TDecimate()
    Normalize(last, 0.98)
    fadein(last, 50)
    fadeout(last, 50)
    ConvertToRGB32("rec601", interlaced=false)

My script so far. Should I deinterlace first? It gets a little confusing. I'm playing a PAL tape converted to NTSC (or however its done internally with the AGW1) and capturing with NTSC settings in VC500 so my frame rate is 29.97 and 720x480
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post
    Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    That's what I was afraid of. I need to ES25 for TBC. So I guess my only option would be to capture the signal converted to NTSC and IVTC?
    Are you sure you need the ES25 for all your tapes? Leave it out unless it helps.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post
    Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    Are you sure you need the ES25 for all your tapes? Leave it out unless it helps.
    Well up to now I've only captured NTSC VHS so I've always used it as a pass through for TBC.
    Quote Quote  
  7. As of now capturing the converted PAL tape with NTSC settings, I have what looks like 2 interlaced frames followed by 1 progressive looking frame.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Video sample
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote