Hi all,

I use Ulead Video Studio 7 to make analog capture in real time MPEG-2, and, after having captured the file, I also use UVS to add transitions (Crossfade, fade to black).

I have a doubt regarding the "Frame based" X "Field order A" X "Field order B" setting.

My authoring program (SpruceUp) doesn't accept my MPEG-2 video files, build by UVS, if, after adding transitions and effects, when creating the final video file, I choose "same as project settings";

If I add the "raw" captured file, without adding anything, exactly as it has been captured, to the authoring program, it accepts it, but if I edit it adding transitions or effects, it doesn't - returns an error.

So, I found out that, if I choose the "field order A" option and tell UVS to reencode it all again - taking a loooong time - SpruceUp accepts it.

Am I doing it the right way ?

It took me to another doubt.....

When making the real-time (actual) capture, I have chosen the "frame based" setting instead of "field order A" or "field order B", it seems to capture OK.
Anyway, should I also change the actual capture setting to "field order A or B" instead of "frame based" ?

I made a quiuck test, but UVS drops lots of frames if I make it.....

So, there are two questions about the "Frame based" X "Field order A" X "Field order B" setting :

a) REAL TIME MPEG-2 CAPTURE

Should I use "frame based" - as I've been using now ? Or should I use "field order A or B" ?

b) CREATING THE FINAL MPEG-2 FILE AFTER ADDING TRANSITIONS :

Why doesn't SpruceUp accept it if I choose "same as project settings" ?
Am I doing the right thing when I choose to reencode the final file using the "field order A" setting ? Should I use the "field order B" setting ?

Well, I am a bit confused

Thanks,

Andre