VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can’t find a way to turn off the Motion Clarity Index and the only thing I’m finding is TruMotion which was set to “smooth” as a default. Turning that off did not help much…if at all. Contacted LG and was told there is no way to turn it off on this tv. Is that true? I need to return it tomorrow if not but figured I’d check to see if a custom setting or calibration would work. As it is right now, it’s worthless to me.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try "Game Mode". That should turn off motion interpolation and nearly all other image processing.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Turn off any motion smoothing or set it as low as you can.
    Look for a Film mode for the TV.
    Some TVs may have a DeJudder setting that you need to adjust.
    You may have to adjust 2 or more settings to get it to look right.

One of my friends has a newish Samsung HDTV and we can't turn it off on his TV. It doesn't bother him at all fortunately, but I helped him with some settings and I wasn't able to get rid of it, just barely reduce it.

An HDTV with a lower refresh rate (this is the Hz number the TV has) will be less likely to have this if you get stuck finding models where you can turn it off.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Find the "Trumotion" setting on your tv and turn off the judder reduction.
    wake up this planet is dying!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, didn't read your first post properly. Not sure if it can be turned off on that particular model.
    wake up this planet is dying!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's funny because I was having this debate with a buddy of mine regarding the "soap opera" look. He absolutely hates it and doesn't like watching things on the "SOTV" channel. Haha.. Now me personally, I like the look/feel of being in the same room with the characters that you get with HD. So I'm all for the soap opera look myself.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!