VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Firstly, does anyone know how to encode movies like Apple has for it's HD Trailers? And what format are their trailers in? I know they do H264/AVC, but does it come in a .mov container?
    Is the standard for H264 encoding take place in the MP4 container?

I'm looking for a video decoder/encoder for OS X, that can do H264 material. Something like CoreAVC for Windows, but for Mac.

Thanks if anyone can suggest something.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ummmm QT pro
    Keeper of the "Unofficial" iMovie FAQ also for the lastest iMovie news click here
    Your source for iMovie answers and what not! ;-)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have QT Pro, I guess I should have clarified my question.

I start with raw m2t or .ts files first, something I can't start with in QT. I wanted an encoder that will accept .ts files so I can encode them.

I don't want to have to encode the .ts file into an .avi, then use QT to convert that .avi into h264, you know?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MPEG Streamclip is the application-of-choice these days, especially with the x264 version of h.264 installed, as long as you have the QT MPEG2 component. Alternatively, you could try ffmpegX, which can be unpredictable, but does work well.
    Go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave. Or check into a psycho ward, whichever comes first, eh?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the advice, I'm giving it a try now to see how it works.

Would you guys happen to know what Apple uses to encode it's HD Trailers for it's website?
    Quote Quote