VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok I was wondering if there was a difference capturing direct from a satellite box or capturing from the direct recorded PVR. Can someone easily say there is no difference?

The reason I'm asking is because the stream comes out of the satellite box to the TV uncompressed, so if record directly then I get the signal as it comes off the box. Now if I record off the PVR, the signal has to be recompressed to get to the PVR hard drive (doesn't it?) so by replaying that signal I'm wondering will I get the exact same quality? So at that point the signal has already gone through 2 compressions .. I think maybe there's no difference, but I don't know how the satellite box records the stream. Maybe there is some minor loss in quality, or the way it records maybe none at all?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Oh wait I seemed to have already asked this question. It has been answered. Sorry for duplicating.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just for the sake of clarity... There will be no difference between a capture made from a live broadcast as it is decoded by a satellite receiver and a capture made from a recording the same broadcast stored on the satellite receiver. The recording made using the satellite receiver's DVR function contains audio and video which are identical to those in the original broadcast.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote