VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I want to record .ogm files I have on my pc to DVD using my Philips DVDR 75 (with firewire) but I don't know how to do so...
    I set the recorder to cam 2 and play the file on the pc with Windows media player or with DiVX player 2.1 but the recorder doesn't receive any signal.
    Does anybody know how I can solve this problem?

Hope to hear from you soon

Lydia
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    god i hate ogm files you need to install the correct codecs for the file ie install the core media player yhen use tmpge to convert the file to dvd spec mpeg2 the reauthor the dvd (nero ultra has this capability) and burn the _ts folders
    whats that your reading hope its work (s**t caught again)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi,

Thanks for you reply, I really appreciate it!
    But the solution you describe is when I would do this using a DVD burner in the pc, right?
    What I want to do, is to use my standalone DVD recorder (which normally records directly off of TV onto DVD) so I wouldn't need to convert it... at least I hope I don't have to since I haven't had much luck in that area (as in "I don't know how to make it a succes) so I hope to avoid the whole converting part of it by recording it directly from the PC, using the firewire cable.
    Do you have any idea if this is in fact possible? And if so, what I need to do to make it work?

Lydia
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hmmm honest ans i dont no sorry i burn from pc but i would think you need to convert as the firewire is just tranfereing data to be burned no inputting a tv signal do you have tv out
    whats that your reading hope its work (s**t caught again)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The units in North America do not allow you to go from the computer via firewire to the DVD recorder. Maybe in Europe or Japan? I don't know. You SHOULD be able to go from your TV out from your graphics card (if you have a card with TV out) directly to the inputs of the DVD recorder and record that way. Maybe also from the computer to the camcoder, then to the DVD recorder. Never tried something like this though. Must be a good film to go through all this hassle to record it...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for your reply!

Yes, the pc has TV out, that's why I thought it should be possible but the question is how...??
    About the episodes: oh yeah they are really good

Lydia
    Quote Quote  
  7. In accordance with the i.Link/DV standard, you can only feed DV format video into the i.Link input, but MPEG video (such as the video from a MicroMV camcorder) or other video formats are not supported.
    http://www.dvdplusrw.org/faq/faq_video.html#9

Originally Posted by Lydia
    I want to record .ogm files I have on my pc to DVD using my Philips DVDR 75 (with firewire)
    Btw, what are .OGM files?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks, too bad... I had hope for another reply... but I appreciate your effort to tell me

An OGM file, or a file with the extension .ogm, is an Ogg Media File.
    The quality of video and audio is very good!
    See: http://ld-anime.faireal.net/guide/ogm-en
    Quote Quote  
  9. To use your Video Card's TV Out to send a movie into your Phillips Box:

Connect an S-Video Cable (or regular rca video cable) to your Video Card's TV Out.
    Connect the other end of the cable into your Phillips Box's Video In.

Buy a splitter that converts your Audio Card's output into standard left and right audio plugs.
    Plug that into your philips box's audio in ports.

Make sure your Phillips box is set to recive the input from your PC.
    Make sure your TV is on.
    Unscrew and remove your Cable TV cable if you have one.
    Right-click an empty part of your desktop and choose properties.
    Click the Settings tab.
    Click the "Advanced" button.
    Go through the tabs and try to find the option to output to a tv.

Now, open your Video File on your PC and set it to Fullscreen Playback.
    Press record on your phillips box.

Simple enough. ^^
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks very much for your help

I do have a few questions though...
    You said:
    > Make sure your Phillips box is set to recive the input from your PC.
    How do I do that..?

> Make sure your TV is on.
    Do you mean the TV which I can receive on my PC or a standalone TV (didn't know I had to connect the PC to a TV as well... or must I connect the TV with the DVD recorder?)

> Unscrew and remove your Cable TV cable if you have one.
    Yes, I have one, normally it is connected to my PC and when I try to make it work with the Philips, I plugged the cable TV cable into the Philips...
    So I need to disconnect the cable from both the recorder and the PC so it is not connected at all?

Thanks again for your reply, I really appreciate it!

Lydia
    Quote Quote  
  11. Oh my ... !!!

Lydia, I guess you are not realy technical person right ?

Let me put it this way...

1. Do you know how to record from VCR to Philips ?

2. Do you have Video Card with TV Out and you know how to send signal from it to TV ?

If answer to both questions is YES, then think of PC like VCR and connect everythink same way just replace VCR with PC. I hope it will help you.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Yiiihaaaaa ))
    It works! I have been trying to find the right way to do this for quite some time and now...YESSS!! Thanks to all of you, I now know how to make it work! I can record .ogm and .avi and .divx and several other formats I didn't really need but it's great to be able to record them! Thank you all very much for your help!!
    This is really fantastic
    Quote Quote