VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just got a Samsung SCD-80 digital camcorder. Got a Belkin firewire PCMCIA adaptor for laptop & a 6 pin - 4 pin cable. Tookme QUITE awhile to figure out the motion to output to DV? With the camera I have to set it into play mode ONLY. With the DVDR75 I have to set it to monitor CAM2, AND record, waiting for signal, waiting the half hour for the PC to generate the temp file and send the DV data.

I am using windows movie maker (I know...I'll buy something decent when I am convinced the functionalty works). Anyway, I am convinced I have the methods down, here is the problem:

PC - Cam works fine. Then I can successfully transfer to DVDR75 using cam 1 RCA inputs.

PC - DVDR75, using same eq gives me a pic that the best I can describe is like the old TV's when the vertical scroll is haywire.....scrolling RAPIDLY up & off the screen, maybe 25-50 scrolls per second. It even keeps this up when I power on/off, eject/reinsert, view menus, etc...it's like the recorder got out of whack.

After several hours of screwing around here is what I found. Same crap as described above onto a BLANK DVDRW, but when I tried to record from TV to that same screwed up disc (got rid of the jitters ONLY by switching to monitor mode/tv)it reported that it couldn't do this onto a PAL disc?!?!

So I put in a unfinalized DVDR with content already on it and sent the video from PC to DV In and said something like, sorry this is an NTSC disc.

Now what the ####....I have used every input on the DVDR75/17 (I am in the US) sucessefully, applied firmware updates about 2 months ago (ff13k), and left it to #### alone as everything works great 'til I use the i.Link. and now I get this PAL/NTSC thing?

I would GREATLY appreciate any ideas on this? Last thing to mention is that I never could get progressive scan to work, just flickers like crazy for a few seconds and then reverts back to Interlaced on my HDTV.

Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I suggest you to try different software (who knows) I don't have problem with Pinnacle Studio version 8 in my test.

See this : https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=180704
    Quote Quote