VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i want to use more cd writer (7 to 9) in one computer but i don't know what's the best one:
    extern fireware
    or extern usb
    or simple intern cd writer with box to make it extern

what's the best way to burn very fast "i want burn more then 2000 /day"

my PC:
    cpu P4 2.4
    ram 512
    motherboard asus
    HD 60go 7200
    thank you
    Quote Quote  

2. 7 burners; 2000/day = 286/burner = 12/h = ONE CD IN 5 minutes

and I am not counting placing media in/out and operating software

Is't that reason why they came up with duplicators like this one for $4000 ???

Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry for accusation and maybe I am wrong, but this sounds like some illegal activity :P . If it is legal, you better ask arround to find some company that can produce that for you or if this is going to be your legal business than you need to invest money to something like I posted before.

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [quote="scobido"]i want to use more cd writer (7 to 9) in one computer but i don't know what's the best one:
    extern fireware
    or extern usb
    or simple intern cd writer with box to make it extern

what's the best way to burn very fast "i want burn more then 2000 /day"

WRONG FORUM

Yvon
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by donpedro

7 burners; 2000/day = 286/burner = 12/h = ONE CD IN 5 minutes

and I am not counting placing media in/out and operating software

Maybe I missing the math here but I estimate that he would have to burn 1 CD every 2.5 minutes given that he would use 7 burners 12 hours a day.

1 CD / 2.5 Minutes x (12 Hours x 60 Minutes / Hours) x 7 Burners = 2016 CDs.

Loading, Burning and Unloading a CD-R in 2.5 minutes seems an impossible task to me even if you just wanted to burn 1 much less 2000 a day.

What am I missing here?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most of the duplicator shops give discounts when you buy 1000 or more at a time. You would need many more than 7-9 burners to duplicate that many discs in one day. You would need many automated burners to produce that many each day, especially since you would want to label them with somthing other than a Sharpie. With non automated burners you would need a large staff of people just to change the disks. Maybe they could talk on the phone at the same time, but not much more from them. This is not a realistic goal that you have set.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by rkr1958
    What am I missing here?
    I thought that he doesn't need to sleep
    Quote Quote  
  8. thank you for your reply
    1-i have a cd duplicator "14 writer" but i found more trouble in this writer +i want to protect my cd's"so i must use computer"
    2-2000 cd/day if this way can work i will use more than 15 cd burners
    thank you again

special thank's for donperdo :P
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm not sure how feasible it is to expect a normal PC to run 15 burners - whether you use extra IDE controllers, firewire, USB2.0 etc..

To have them all running very fast (24x or above, for example) would mean a lot of data transfers flying around.

It may be possible, but I'm just not sure that standard retail PC hardware is up to the task - one harddisk doing all that work would certainly need good cooling etc..

It just doesn't sound like it's going to be very economic to be honest - burners wear out after a while anyway, and working them that hard will certainly shorten their lifespans.

I'd definitely look into alternatives; I'd be amazed if you didn't have a lot of downtime replacing worn out components etc.. and it would be very labour-intensive work as well - bringing in the risk of human error etc..

cheers,
    mcdruid.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Maybe EMI are now so poor coz everyone is downloaded their CDs off kazzaa that now all they can afford is a single guy to produce the next Britney Spears CD !..I hope they are paying him well
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by scobido
    i have a cd duplicator "14 writer"...
    Something like this ?

Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by scobido
    +i want to protect my cd's"so i must use computer"
    What does it mean ? I am just curious.
    Quote Quote