VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    Does anyone else think that the car deliberately swerved and hit the OP? I can't see anything in the road that the car was trying to avoid.

If the car did intend to hit the OP, I would think the police would take it much more seriously, possibly attempted murder.
    Surely he intended to hit me. Because previously he was driving like an a.hole and put my life in danger with some unexpected lane changes and we argued beforehand, while driving. Then this happened.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I have several years experience in ANPR and forensics but am not a certified authority - and not in the USA, so take my opinion with that in mind.
    I have downloaded your video file and run it through my software. Although the quality and resolution from the CCTV camera is high compare to many currently available to the general public, the distance from the camera to the target vehicle is too far to resolve any evidential material. Simply put - there are too few pixels per frame the target vehicle is in view - even with frame overlay/sigma sharpness/colour enhancement/edge detection etc to do its job.

Regarding other comments about the offending driver's actions the CCTV footage is too short to form any qualified conclusion without supporting independent evidence.

Failing to stop at an injury collision displays a callous disregard for life and property.

Sorry I couldn't help but I did try..

Sam
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I thought there must have been a precipitating circumstance. Not that it excuses assault with a deadly weapon and hit-and-run. But it's well to keep in mind that you never know who you are dealing with out there on the road and what they are capable of.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I had a mess around in after Effects slowing the clip down and using the magnify tool,

Here's the resulting footage and also a negative version in the same clip to try and high-lite the number plate digits in different ways,

http://www.mediafire.com/file/en5qo9b6q9wi9q4/CCTV_Magnifed.mp4/file

There appears a child in the back of the car with a striped top (red circle) in snapshot 1, Maybe this was a school run and you could check the local schools etc,
    The child appears to move between frames and looks out of the left window.

I think in the 2 snapshots the first 2 sets of digits they do look like 35 LV or 35 L3 but i couldn't even be 50% sure of this,
    The last set of 3 digits are even more undecipherable but maybe others could offer their suggestions etc.

Maybe it was a waste of time but i thought it was worth a try
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap1.png
Views:	163
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	45784  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap2.png
Views:	173
Size:	3.82 MB
ID:	45785  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap3.png
Views:	172
Size:	3.84 MB
ID:	45786  

Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by SamT View Post
    I have several years experience in ANPR and forensics but am not a certified authority - and not in the USA, so take my opinion with that in mind.
    I have downloaded your video file and run it through my software. Although the quality and resolution from the CCTV camera is high compare to many currently available to the general public, the distance from the camera to the target vehicle is too far to resolve any evidential material. Simply put - there are too few pixels per frame the target vehicle is in view - even with frame overlay/sigma sharpness/colour enhancement/edge detection etc to do its job.

Regarding other comments about the offending driver's actions the CCTV footage is too short to form any qualified conclusion without supporting independent evidence.

Failing to stop at an injury collision displays a callous disregard for life and property.

Sorry I couldn't help but I did try..

Sam

Sam, thanks for the effort buddy. It's greatly appreciated. I'm slowly losing hope finding this guy and making him pay for what he did. But maybe it's for the better losing track of him because you never know what would happen when you face a guy like this.

Thanks a bunch man.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by restore-chappy View Post
    I had a mess around in after Effects slowing the clip down and using the magnify tool,

Here's the resulting footage and also a negative version in the same clip to try and high-lite the number plate digits in different ways,

http://www.mediafire.com/file/en5qo9b6q9wi9q4/CCTV_Magnifed.mp4/file

There appears a child in the back of the car with a striped top (red circle) in snapshot 1, Maybe this was a school run and you could check the local schools etc,
    The child appears to move between frames and looks out of the left window.

I think in the 2 snapshots the first 2 sets of digits they do look like 35 LV or 35 L3 but i couldn't even be 50% sure of this,
    The last set of 3 digits are even more undecipherable but maybe others could offer their suggestions etc.

Maybe it was a waste of time but i thought it was worth a try
    Never imagined people would help me in this terrible case, showing great solidarity. Thank you greatly for your time and effort. It seems, local police is still investigating the case. They didn't share any information with me. But it felt good to find out that they're not totally ignoring it. We'll see what happens next but slowly I'm losing hope.

Cheers mate
    Quote Quote  
  7. What is hanging on the rear view mirror ? Boxing gloves ? The way it moves reminds me of that. Not to stereotype , but I've come across some aggressive types at the gym before.

boxing gloves ?
    [Attachment 45840 - Click to enlarge]

It's a longshot but maybe check out local boxing gyms, fitness clubs in the area
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 6th Jun 2018 at 11:37.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Too small for gloves. Even kid boxing gloves are larger.

BTW, the software I was thinking of was dTective, not Ikena.
    I got a press release about a new version a few days back, and remembered this thread.
    ... but it still probably would not help with this video.
    Last edited by lordsmurf; 16th Jun 2018 at 10:07.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    To small for gloves. Even kid boxing gloves are larger.
    Not "real" gloves you use in the ring (or maybe smurf sized !)

I mean rear view mirror ornamental gloves. They are quite popular with boxers if you go to the gym...
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Too small for gloves. Even kid boxing gloves are larger.

BTW, the software I was thinking of was dTective, not Ikena.
    I got a press release about a new version a few days back, and remembered this thread.
    ... but it still probably would not help with this video.
    I tried to find a cracked version of the software with no luck. It would worth the shot.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    alferico, discussing warez on our site can get you banned. Please read our rules before posting.

I tried to find a cracked version of the software with no luck. It would worth the shot.
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    alferico, discussing warez on our site can get you banned. Please read our rules before posting.

Moderator redwudz
    Sorry, I didn't intend to discuss or search for links of pirated software. I can delete my post if it contradicts with the regulations of this forum.
    Quote Quote