VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I am using subtitle edit to join two subtitles. The challenge is that after they are joined, the English subtitle is on one line and then the Portuguese subtitle is on the other line and they overlap which causes a problem when playing the movie. What I have done in the past is to manually cut the subtitle and paste it underneath the Portuguese subtitle and then delete the line that had the English subtitle. There has to be a much easier way to achieve what I am trying to achieve which sometimes can take hours to do. The other thing I do is change the font color of one of the subtitles to make it easier to follow when watching the movie.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    You're trying to join two subtitles with which purpose?
    They have the same timings but you want to merge the text? Or just exchange the English text with the Portuguese text?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Not sure what you're after.

But use .ass subtitles. Define a different style in each file and set the vertical margin to your needs. Join the files in Subtitle Edit to get something like

[Attachment 45865 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yup ASS or SSA Styles will work:Put 1 language on top, the other on the bottom
    Quote Quote