VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi!

I have created a disc using MultiAVCHD, with three different video files. When created, I have changed the video files with those created with TsMuxer (including m2ts, mpls and clpi files), having all of them HDR10. I have then burnt the disc into a BD-R 25Gb, with menus and everything, but when I play the disc, the HDR symbol doesn't show on my TV. If I put the entire disc structure into a HDD, and then I play the files from there, the HDR is shown on the TV. I repeat, they are exactly the same files burnt on the BD-R disc. Any explanation on this? I cannot understand why this happens...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ernnnn View Post
    Hi!

I have created a disc using MultiAVCHD, with three different video files. When created, I have changed the video files with those created with TsMuxer (including m2ts, mpls and clpi files), having all of them HDR10. I have then burnt the disc into a BD-R 25Gb, with menus and everything, but when I play the disc, the HDR symbol doesn't show on my TV. If I put the entire disc structure into a HDD, and then I play the files from there, the HDR is shown on the TV. I repeat, they are exactly the same files burnt on the BD-R disc. Any explanation on this? I cannot understand why this happens...
    Possibly a setting or limitation in the Blu-Ray player?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    When you play the files on hdd is it through the blu-ray player or through the tv?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    The blu-ray player is an UHD player, so the problem shouldn't be there. I tested it just after watching an UHD film without any problem. I'll try playing the files through the UHD player instead the TV when attaching the HDD, just in case.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    When you play the files on hdd is it through the blu-ray player or through the tv?
    OK, I now can confirm it's something related with the burning process. I have attached the HDD to the UHB Blu-ray instead, and it shows the HDR symbol. When I play the disc again, it's not shown. I have displayed the disc info, and it says SDR instead of HDR. How can the burning process lose the HDR when burning the disc? Does it need something special for the HDR to be shown and played? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I now can confirm it's something related with the burning process. I have attached the HDD to the UHB Blu-ray instead, and it shows the HDR symbol. When I play the disc again, it's not shown. I have displayed the disc info, and it says SDR instead of HDR. How can the burning process lose the HDR when burning the disc? Does it need something special for the HDR to be shown and played? Thanks in advance!
    what burning program did you use ??
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    what burning program did you use ??
    ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did the files get encoded when authoring them?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Did the files get encoded when authoring them?
    I don't know what you mean. It was a AVCHD structure burnt to a disc.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Make a blu-ray structure instead.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Make a blu-ray structure instead.
    As it is made with MultiAVCHD, I think that's the only structure it can make.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In multiavchd try unchecking 'stricter avchd folder format' in the author tab.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    I'll do it. I hope that fixes the problem. I'll keep you informed. Many thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    there's this guide if you need help - https://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/create_avchd_and_blu-ray_discs_with_multiavchd.cfm
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    there's this guide if you need help - https://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/create_avchd_and_blu-ray_discs_with_multiavchd.cfm
    Thank you very much. I've been using MultiAVCHD for years, but you never know if I might find something new there.
    Quote Quote