VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I looked to see if this story had already been posted. My apologies if I overlooked a previous post about this.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/136/story/336125.html

This goes a long way toward explaining why smaller screen LCD TVs cost two to three times as much as the tube-type sets did. You knew something had to be wrong when the vast majority were being manufactured by companies employing the equivalence of slave labor.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    scoundrels!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Dell, Motorola, and Apple don't make Televisions. Although, you can probably assume that price fixing there implies price fixing elsewhere too.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm surprise Samsung isn't part of it
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is just the tip of the iceberg. There is a WHOLE lot more of this crap going on. Most of the price fixing scams are more "informally" made between companies. Many of the price fixing deals are made when the "boys" get together in bars and other joints. In actuality only a small percentage of these price fixing "understandings" are discovered. Most of these jokers are aware of the risk of being caught so they are more careful to keep the price fixing understandings "informal" and out of the bright light of day.
    Quote Quote