VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Every once in awhile, like today, I write a review of software that's been mentioned on the site. I'm sorry to have to confess that I almost inevitably spot something I'd like to edit - after it's been posted.

As far as I've been able to figure out, this isn't possible. Am I wrong?

Just in case I'm right, I would like to strongly recommend that the site owners / maintainers make it possible to edit software reviews, even if they've already been published.

I know that in an ideal world, people would gather their thoughts - and maybe even write a draft offline - before uploading a review. As I guess most people realize, though, this isn't an ideal world.

I assume this has been discussed elsewhere on the site, but I wasn't able to find anything relevant by entering "edit website software review" in the site search box.

Any opinions on this issue?

Thanks in advance for your input.
    Lenovo ThinkStation P520, Xeon W2135; Win10Pro x64, 64Gb RAM; RadeonPro WX7100W; NEC PA301W, NEC PA272W, and Eizo MX270W.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope. It's not possible to edit reviews and I don't think I will add any such feature. You could post a new review and report the old one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Nope. It's not possible to edit reviews and I don't think I will add any such feature. You could post a new review and report the old one.
    I must confess, unless it's a really tremendously complicated feature to add, I can't understand why not. And I actually have added a follow-up posting when I really feel it's necessary.

Anyway, as they say, it's your football, so we'll play by your rules.
    Lenovo ThinkStation P520, Xeon W2135; Win10Pro x64, 64Gb RAM; RadeonPro WX7100W; NEC PA301W, NEC PA272W, and Eizo MX270W.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Okey. I'm adding it to my todo-list.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you.

Of course it's nothing urgent, but I think it's a useful feature.

Again, thank you for considering the suggestion.
    Quote Quote