VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everybody...

Apologies for the embarrassing newbie post but I really need to convert a lot of VHS tapes from the 1990s and 80s to digital before they deteriorate any further... Family videos and stuff from college etc...

A few years back I bought a Honestech VIDBOX with the scart to USB converter and cables... If memory serves this came with a CD with software on and the product key on the sleeve but I have since lost the CD and product key.

Is there any way I can still use this? Any software which can make use of it, other than buying it all again?

Thanks for your help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    At the very least you will need drivers for your device. You can get them from:

https://vidbox.company/driver/

But your bigger issue is capture software. If your profile is accurate you are using a Mac and there are few programs against many available for Windoze.

At the very least I suggest you amend your topic header and even contact a mod to move your post, if it is the case, to the dedicated Mac section of the this forum where you will get more assistance.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the mac forum where you can get more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DF001 View Post
    Hello everybody...

Apologies for the embarrassing newbie post but I really need to convert a lot of VHS tapes from the 1990s and 80s to digital before they deteriorate any further... Family videos and stuff from college etc...

A few years back I bought a Honestech VIDBOX with the scart to USB converter and cables... If memory serves this came with a CD with software on and the product key on the sleeve but I have since lost the CD and product key.

Is there any way I can still use this? Any software which can make use of it, other than buying it all again?

Thanks for your help!
    Did you ever get an answer to this question? I am in the exact same position. Any help appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are few capture programs for OSX. I can't guarantee that echoFX VideoGlide would work for your device because it doesn't work for all USB grabbers, but VideoGlide lists one product from Honestech as compatible. https://www.echofx.com/videoglide.html
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but with the software you recommended at $30 I might as well buy a new device, especially with no guarantee it will work. Thank you though!
    Quote Quote