VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am relatively new when it comes to subtitles, but I can't seem to demux any of the PGS subtitle streams from the mkv's that MakeMKV creates from blu-ray discs.

I have tried tsMuxerGUI, eac3to, and mkvextract (which I am not sure has PGS subtitle support anyway, but it didn't hurt to try).

tsMuxerGUI simply says...

Some tracks not recognized. These tracks will be ignored.

eac3to says, in this particulary example that I have 3 subtitle tracks...

3: HDMV/PGS, English
    4: HDMV/PGS, English
    5: HDMV/PGS, English

and then says...

Bitstream parsing for tracks 3-5 failed.

This has happened with every blu-ray video I try to extract subtitles from. I have tried to read around the forum and search google but they all just say use eac3to or tsMuxer to extract the PGS subtitles. Has anyone had success with these subtitles? If so, let me know the process you used in order to extract them.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i am having the exact same problems. Every mkv from makemkv is useless for subs. I have tried almost every program on the net to try en demux the HDMV/PGS sub but no success.

I fanyone knows a way i would really appreciate it if they could explain it here.
    It seems i am not the only one.

Thanks,
    G
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you found any easy solution for this? Now I'm using HdBrStreamExtractor (eac3to gui) to extract the subs from the blu-ray instead.

And it would be great with a vsfilter or similar that supports pgs subtitles in mkv.
    Quote Quote