VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone! Let me just start by saying im new to all this ahaahahah

So, how is it possible that some people can get 16 channels off Dolby files while i only get 6 channels?
    Im..... confused....

If anyone can help, ill be 100% grateful!
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dolby "2D" surround audio for home use carries a number of channels, usually 5.1 or 7.1. There are AVRs/decoders that can - artificially - create extra channels out of the native amount.

Dolby surround formats TrueHD and EAC3 can have additional Atmos metadata interleaved. Which doesn't hold a number of extra channels, but carries audiopackets and trajectory information for so-called "objects". So, extra Atmos channels are not decoded; they are rendered. Which amount initially depends on the maximum number that the hardware is able to render. How many and which of these available channels in the end will be created, depends on what speaker configuration is programmed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thelightonika View Post
    Hello everyone! Let me just start by saying im new to all this ahaahahah

So, how is it possible that some people can get 16 channels off Dolby files while i only get 6 channels?
    Im..... confused....

Thanks
    Your request is a "bit like how long is a piece of string!"
    Some basic information is needed before anyone can answer your query.

So what equipment do you have?
    • Playback files from ?
    • Audio/Video Amp number of discrete channels
    • Speakers how many in total

A MediaInfo file report of one of your typical files (tree text mode) that others say they can get 16 channels but you are limited to 6 channels.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    amazon 3d 360 music files have upto 24 channels, if you can rip one
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've never experienced Amazon 3D sound (musically it wouldn't interest me). I read it's created using Sony's "360 Reality Audio" that is based on the MPEG-H 3D Audio format. Which includes both channel and object coding.

If these amazon files indeed have 24 channels - as opposed to objects - I wonder what would happen in MPEG-H 3D compliant hardware after decoding. Would it be nothing more than "simply" remixing the 24 channels to the actual set-up amount and level the volumes?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Originally Posted by thelightonika View Post
    Hello everyone! Let me just start by saying im new to all this ahaahahah

Im..... confused....

Thanks
    Your request is a "bit like how long is a piece of string!"
    Some basic information is needed before anyone can answer your query.

So what equipment do you have?
    • Playback files from ?
    • Audio/Video Amp number of discrete channels
    • Speakers how many in total

A MediaInfo file report of one of your typical files (tree text mode) that others say they can get 16 channels but you are limited to 6 channels.
    Thank you fore the help of everyone!! All of this started because I wanted to extract the channels of a song to get some backing vocals and stuff. I usually do it by myself on audacity and get the 6 channels, although they have mixed vocals on every track. I met this guy on discord, that was able to get more channels than the 6 ones with clear backing vocals on some tracks. These are the files he got:

[Attachment 68367 - Click to enlarge]

So, the mediainfo is this:

Complete name : C:\Users\Tiago Moreira\Desktop\[A] À Procura da Anitta Perfeita [264832756] [2022]\05 - Anitta - Ai Papai.m4a
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
    Codec ID : mp42 (mp42/dby1)
    File size : 13.9 MiB
    Duration : 2mn 28s
    Overall bit rate mode : CBR
    Overall bit rate : 785 Kbps
    Album : À Procura da Anitta Perfeita - EP
    Album/Performer : Anitta, MC Danny & HITMAKER
    Part/Position : 1
    Part/Total : 1
    Track name : Ai Papai
    Track name/Position : 5
    Track name/Total : 6
    Performer : Anitta, MC Danny & HITMAKER
    Genre : Pop
    Recorded date : 2022
    Encoded date : UTC 2022-12-06 16:34:37
    Tagged date : UTC 2022-12-06 16:34:37
    Cover : Yes

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : E-AC-3 JOC
    Format/Info : Enhanced AC-3 with Joint Object Coding
    Commercial name : Dolby Digital Plus with Dolby Atmos
    Codec ID : ec-3
    Duration : 2mn 28s
    Bit rate mode : CBR
    Bit rate : 768 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channel
    Channel layout : L R C LFE Ls Rs
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Frame rate : 31.250 fps (1536 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 13.6 MiB (98%)
    Service kind : Complete Main
    Default : Yes
    Alternate group : 2
    Encoded date : UTC 2022-12-06 16:34:37
    Tagged date : UTC 2022-12-06 16:34:37
    ComplexityIndex : 16
    NumberOfDynamicObjects : 15
    BedChannelCount : 1 channel
    BedChannelConfiguration : LFE

I dont know if he got the m4a file from somewhere else...
    Again, thank you for all the replies!!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    I've never experienced Amazon 3D sound (musically it wouldn't interest me). I read it's created using Sony's "360 Reality Audio" that is based on the MPEG-H 3D Audio format. Which includes both channel and object coding.

If these amazon files indeed have 24 channels - as opposed to objects - I wonder what would happen in MPEG-H 3D compliant hardware after decoding. Would it be nothing more than "simply" remixing the 24 channels to the actual set-up amount and level the volumes?
    I got up to the D*m, gave it a sweet kick then started playing the EAC3-JOC files because i didnt want to go through setting up a spatial player again, here is one such file, these are
    Code:
    <SupplementalProperty schemeIdUri="amz-music:trackType" value="3D" codecs="ac-4.02.02.00" audioSamplingRate="48000" bandwidth="260480" mimeType="audio/mp4">
                    <AudioChannelConfiguration schemeIdUri="urn:mpeg:mpegB:cicp:ChannelConfiguration" value="2"/>
                    <SupplementalProperty schemeIdUri="tag:dolby.com,2016:dash:virtualized_content:2016" value="1"/>
    https://anonfiles.com/R2h9e9P9yd/amzBS_mp4 please do tell what actually is this(this is one of the 360 spatial 3d thingy , though not maybe a lot of channels thingy)(file is fully decrypted and raw file from cdn)
    Last edited by helloImNoob; 29th Dec 2022 at 07:04.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    According to MediaInfo, the file you linked to contains Dolby AC-4 audio. https://professional.dolby.com/siteassets/technologies/dolbt_atmos_ac-4_whitepaper.pdf

I'm not familiar with the format and wouldn't know if there are pc players that support it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    yeah no normal players will play directly, have to first get all the 360 objects to play in a spatial player
    Quote Quote