VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 57077 - Click to enlarge]

I was trying to remaster/restore RHCPs "By the way" music video however i stumbled upon this stupid dot crawl. Is there any way I can remove it?

note: its even more visible in some scenes, and video file i have is in .VOD format
    Quote Quote  
  2. AviSynth has lots of dot crawl and rainbow filters. But you'll have to supply a sample of your original MPEG 2 data to see what works best.
    Quote Quote  
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXdOAUKCc0k

I can not see the dot crawl on the youtube video, but I only checked the taxi lights:
    It would be a better source, isn't it? It is also in its original 24p on youtube.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You need to supply a sample that has not been reencoded. I believe you can use Mpeg2Cut2 to trim out a short sample from your VOD file. Upload the resulting MPG file to this site.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXdOAUKCc0k

I can not see the dot crawl on the youtube video, but I only checked the taxi lights:
    It would be a better source, isn't it? It is also in its original 24p on youtube.
    its compressed af. also entire video has been deinterlaced using 24p method making some 30p scenes jagged
    Quote Quote  
  6. Can you send me your video per pm, so I can see it, just for quality check? Do you think it was shot on 30 fps?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Music videos are often a mix of different frame rates. Some parts are shot on film at 24p, some on video at 30i, titles/effects at 30p or 30i. Then some shots are slowed or sped up by various techniques. The only place they all meet is at 30i or 60p.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The only place they all meet is at 30i or 60p.
    I think the only place where 24p and 30fps interlaced or progressive "meet" is 120fps, 3:2 pulldown doesn't count, judder is awful.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The only place they all meet is at 30i or 60p.
    I think the only place where 24p and 30fps interlaced or progressive "meet" is 120fps, 3:2 pulldown doesn't count, judder is awful.
    For 99 percent of NTSC viewers they meet at 60p on the TV screen. NTSC viewers are used to 3:2 judder and most of them have no idea there's something "wrong" with it. But yes, 120 fps will give the 24p sections an even 5 frames each, the 30p sections 4 frames each, the 60p sections 2 frames each.
    Last edited by jagabo; 31st Jan 2021 at 18:54.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    Can you send me your video per pm, so I can see it, just for quality check? Do you think it was shot on 30 fps?
    according to how it was made segment of dvd, it has been recorded with film cameras in 24p however turning off deinterlacing/detelecining in vlc revelas that some scenes are in 30p too
    Quote Quote