VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have many AVI files that were captured from DV. The creation date of the source video clips is in the AVI file. I cannot seem to find any software that lets me display the video creation date/time on the output video. I would like to be able to view the video with the date/time that the clip was created. Is there a video capturing or editing software (preferably opensource) that would allow to capture with the date/time and create an output video showing the date and time of when the clip was created. I need to have the date/time to know when the clips were taken. Please help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure if its what you want or need but I wrote a program that swaps date time between windows and the meta data of the file. I do not have any AVI files that contain date and time within AVI metadata. If it is truly within the AVI and MediaInfor displays it, It can be Added to the File Name. This program https://www.videohelp.com/software/Change-Date-Time-Batch will however rename your files, adding the date to to the original name so you would not have to re-encode to embed the video and lose quality.
    It also does a file copy so the original is never altered but make sure you work from copies just in case.

[Attachment 56601 - Click to enlarge]

'MOVI0043.avi' becomes '2014-05-11 15-51-28_MOVI0043.avi'

This is from Windows created date.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ohuser View Post
    I have many AVI files that were captured from DV. The creation date of the source video clips is in the AVI file. I cannot seem to find any software that lets me display the video creation date/time on the output video. I would like to be able to view the video with the date/time that the clip was created. Is there a video capturing or editing software (preferably opensource) that would allow to capture with the date/time and create an output video showing the date and time of when the clip was created. I need to have the date/time to know when the clips were taken. Please help.
    You can add .SRT or .SSA subtitles to your .AVIs with AVI-Mux GUI, probably with ffmpeg too
    Evidently, the function of those subtitles will be only display the creation date and time of the video file(s), so they must be authored accordingly.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the editing forum,is not news related.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Putting the date in the filename or subs are good solutions to be able to display it as video overlay/OSD. Filename is probably simplest.

"Created" date can be viewed in mpc-hc video player > properties.
    A dedicated tag would be visible in the mediainfo tab, but it's quite crowded.
    Quote Quote