VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. HELP!!!
    I'm using spruceup to compile a few films onto a DVD-R. It compiles everything ok, but when it comes to burning the DVD-R it comes up with this message, "The remaining disc write operations will be aborted." I can't find a way to prevent this from happening. It only happened when I cancelled while it was compiling and now it comes up with this message all the time. Does anyone know how to get around this, any help would be much appreciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    don't write a dvd with spruce-up ... create an image and burn with a program like prassi
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Let it compile the DVD to the SpruceUp Working Directory and then drag the Video_TS directory into Nero or what ever burning program you have.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanx for that. I've tried it and it worked fine on the first two films on the DVD-R, but the third one seems to pixalate a little bit. Is there anyway around this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pixelation indicates low bitrate and I doubt there's any cure for that. Three "films" on one DVD-R is pushing the limits,consider only two per DVD-R.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have put more films than this on a DVD-R before without any problems, it's only just recently these problems have occured. My first attempt consisted of five films with approx. 90min runtime for each film and not one film had any problems and the disc worked fine on quite a few different standalone players.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your only interest is how much time you can sqeeze unto a DVD-R then use standard VCD 2.0,you can get over 7 hours on a DVD-R and it will be DVD compliant.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm not just interested in squeezing as much on a DVD-R as possible. I've got a lot of videos which I am backing up and the majority of them are films which have quite a few sequels / prequels etc. and it just seems pointless putting just two films out of a trilogy on one DVD-R. They have been encoded to VCD 2.0 and all but my last one have been very good.
    Quote Quote