VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am used to lose my cell. Last Friday I lost it in Coffee Shop but I was lucky to get it back. Just wondering...How can I trackand find where is my cell from my PC? Ant software that will help you to trackcell from PC? My phone is Nokia C2O2, with bluetooth
    Quote Quote  
  2. Most all smart phones have an app for that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Most all smart phones have an app for that.
    Whats the name of this application please?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I use Comodo on my HTC for a full security suite. It has an Anti Theft in it as well as Traffic Monitoring, Antivirus and Privacy Advisor. I find it good as it picks up push-advertising as well. It's free so it is well worth a look at to see if you want to use it. Hope it helps you out
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You actually got a C202 in the USA? Crap, I didn't think anybody sold that here. The C202 uses Series 40 as an operating system, so actually there may not be an app for your phone that does that. The C202 represents Nokia's desperate attempt to get sales at the low end "garbage" part of the market that Samsung and Apple don't touch. It's a phone with technology from the mid-2000s where it's BARELY able to do some incredibly simple web browsing and send text messages and IMs, but that's about it. It's a slider, which for some of you says all you need to know. The screen resolution is slightly below VCD level. No offense dude, but nobody wants to steal this phone so it's no surprise you got it back. It's a phone for old people and poor people. Sorry about being blunt, but this is not what anybody today would call a "smart phone". If you stole this phone, you would be kicked out of the gang. If by some miracle there is a find my phone type of app for it you can install it, but I seriously don't think anybody in the USA would try to steal this from you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ph33r_This View Post
    I use Comodo on my HTC for a full security suite. It has an Anti Theft in it as well as Traffic Monitoring, Antivirus and Privacy Advisor. I find it good as it picks up push-advertising as well. It's free so it is well worth a look at to see if you want to use it. Hope it helps you out
    Dude - your phone is in another universe from his. Read my post. His phone is what they sell in 3rd world countries in Africa. Damn, I had no idea that Nokia even tried to sell that phone in the USA as there's no real money in that low end stuff where the big boys have no interest in competing. The phone's data transfer rates are abysmal, so there's no money to be made by the carrier on data for it. This is just an "I want a phone that's only a phone" for old people and half-baked internet connectivity for non-old people who buy it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    google would be your friend if you used it
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  8. I was writing a reply and posted before yours came up. I haven't seen a C202 before and the last non smart phone of Nokia that I had was sort of smart anyway, was the N95 and the N85. That was about 4 years ago now. They say now that 2/3 of mobiles are now smart phones, so sorry if I didn't pick up on the model...but hey, 1234567, you now know of some cool software to use when you get a good phone
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    You actually got a C202 in the USA? Crap, I didn't think anybody sold that here. The C202 uses Series 40 as an operating system, so actually there may not be an app for your phone that does that. The C202 represents Nokia's desperate attempt to get sales at the low end "garbage" part of the market that Samsung and Apple don't touch. It's a phone with technology from the mid-2000s where it's BARELY able to do some incredibly simple web browsing and send text messages and IMs, but that's about it. It's a slider, which for some of you says all you need to know. The screen resolution is slightly below VCD level. No offense dude, but nobody wants to steal this phone so it's no surprise you got it back. It's a phone for old people and poor people. Sorry about being blunt, but this is not what anybody today would call a "smart phone". If you stole this phone, you would be kicked out of the gang. If by some miracle there is a find my phone type of app for it you can install it, but I seriously don't think anybody in the USA would try to steal this from you.

Thanks very much dude for all infos. For me is more important to know the software that can detect your phone in general does not matter you have Nokia, Samsung or ohter brands. Today I have a crap Nokia, but tomorrow I might have a great smart phone...My friend advised me Google Latitude but no result.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Google it. There are many recovery stolen phone apps for smart phones. Sorry I thought you had one.
    Quote Quote  
  11. But won't those also give you a location of someone elses?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by handyguy View Post
    But won't those also give you a location of someone elses?
    They will locate the phone that you register. I had my phone setup with HTCSense. Thanks to this post I found out they did away with it. I'm now trying the free version of AVG.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there! I have also lost my cell phone once. This guide was quite helpful http://www.askwiki.net/How-to-Find-a-Lost-Iphone . Since I am an Apple fan I was using Iphone. Luckily my Iphone has returned to me. If you use Android-based devices this guide may probably be helpful as well. The Nokia users may try this software https://www.trackandprotect.com/ .
    Quote Quote