VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I am trying to open an MTS file in Virtualdub with ffmpegsource2, and the file loads okay, the preview starts from the first frame, but when I press forwind, it jumps about 10 frames at once on the second frame position, and when I go back to the first frame, it never jumps back to the first one, but displays the 10th frame or so as the first one. And from that point on when I forwind, sometimes there are more big jumps, too as I advance. When I export frames as jpeg, it doesn't start on the real first frame either, but advances a bit and start saving like that. How to overcome this issue?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is that vdub classic with the ffmpeg input driver ?

did you try vdub2 ?

Or did you mean an avs script with ffmpegsource2 ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    VirtualDub-1.10.4

https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2/releases

I only copied the .dll and the ffmpeg avs to the Avisynth Plugin directory, can that be the problem???
    Quote Quote  
  4. What are you doing exactly ? Are you using a script ? If yes, post your script

Or are you opening the mts directly in vdub ? If so, then use vdub2 instead
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Some time ago, there used to be problems reading (especially interlaced AVC) video from TransportStream containers with multi-threading ... not sure how certainly they got fixed. Limiting decoding threads to 1 in the function call may help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    This is the script:

Code:
    FFmpegSource2("path")
    AssumeTFF()
    Quote Quote  
  7. Try the threads=1 setting , or lsmash, or another ffms2 version (certain versions may work better).

Code:
    FFVideoSource("video.mts", threads=1)
    lsmash
    Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("video.mts")
    Other workarounds include remuxing into a mkv first, then ffms2. Or last resort DirectShowSource or a derivative like dss2mod

If you have a nvidia card, dgsource() . It's not free, but it's the most reliable
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    LWLibavVideoSource this is what opens the video correctly. Thanks!
    Quote Quote