VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

I did a search on the site and for some reason I cannot find what I am looking for. I have decided to back up my 3d movie collection in case of damage. I see that the price of BD-DL 50gb disks has come way down, so I will no longer need to compress the files to fit on the old 25gb regular Blu-ray anymore.

I was trying to determine the best way to create an exact copy of the 3D Blu-ray disk by using DVDFab 9.

#1 I could go into Copy Mode and select 'Full Disc', with output set at BD50. However do I select the 'copy as Blu-ray 3d' or the 'Convert to Blu-ray SBS 3D' option? What is the difference between these two? I would assume the copy one? since we are not compressing the data?

#2 I could go into Copy Mode and select 'Clone/Burn' and save it as an *.iso file. Then burn the *.iso file to a BD-DL disk. However does this keep the 3D format?

any other suggestions on the best way to accomplish this?
    thanks in advance!
    LG cd-rw/dvd combo drive
    LG DVD-RAM/CD-RW combo drive
    Windows XP Professional
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dvdfab 9 is no longer supported use dvdfab v10
    Use the full 3d mode in copy, this will give you the same as the 3d disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was trying to determine the best way to create an exact copy of the 3D Blu-ray disk by using DVDFab 9.

#1 I could go into Copy Mode and select 'Full Disc', with output set at BD50. However do I select the 'copy as Blu-ray 3d' or the 'Convert to Blu-ray SBS 3D' option? What is the difference between these two? I would assume the copy one? since we are not compressing the data?

DVDFab 9 will do it ok but you can update to 10 for free if you have an existing license.
    Regular Blu-ray 3D discs are frame-packed
    Your first option Copy as Blu-ray 3D is what it says simply copying a normal frame-packed commercial Blu ray disc
    Second option SBS 3D means Side By Side 3D probably for bootleg copies etc. Typically MKV's
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the help guys ! I appreciate it
    I will give it a try when I get time and see how it works.
    LG cd-rw/dvd combo drive
    Windows XP Professional
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, follow up question. Should I save them as a .iso ? or regular BDMV folder style?
    LG cd-rw/dvd combo drive
    Windows XP Professional
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    doesn't matter. they are both exactly the same if you use a proper burning software like imgburn.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SBS files can viewed on virtual reality gear, or head sets using your android smart phone and SBS viewer APP
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have a iso 3D movie, i want to convert to SAME size and 3D, but in mkv... Im using dvdfab 10, but i cant it working. It working but first of all, it compress the movie so instead of 25GB, is going to be around 4-5GB.

What 3D format should I use?? I have a Samsung 3D tv and use 3D glasses

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/accessories/tv-accessories/SSG-5100GB/XC/
    Quote Quote