VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Wondering if anyone else has this problem. Just updated to XMedia Recode 3.5.4.8 64bit. Jan 2022.
    Normally, when clicking "Add To Queue", a popup window appears asking where to save the processed file. This is no longer happening.
    The job is certainly in queue, but now defaulted to the "Videos" folder of the user. I see nothing under Options to change the default save-to location.
    Anyone else have this issue?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At the bottom left of the main window is the "Output:" option. Sounds like you have it set to "Save to Folder" instead of "Save As".
    It might have been reset to a default during the update.

Personally I've had a LOT of issues with this version. The "Save Settings" option now generates the settings files as JSON instead of XMR, but the "Load Settings" option has no means of loading them afterwards as it only filters to XMR files. This version is also crashing out at the start of jobs that previous versions handled perfectly. I've rolled back to 3.5.4.5.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Phylbert View Post
    At the bottom left of the main window is the "Output:" option. Sounds like you have it set to "Save to Folder" instead of "Save As".
    It might have been reset to a default during the update.
    Thank you Phylbert. That was exactly the problem. Seems it did reset during that update. Now the only other issue is that is no longer remembers the Save To folder (in my case it's always "Downloads"). The last two versions (including the most recent 3.5.5.1 defaults it to "Videos" folder every time and needs to be changed at each use. (Unless I'm also missing something on this as well). Cheers mate and thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cherry Picker, do you mean that you DO want the "Save As" dialogue to come up, but you want it to position the folder tree at "Downloads" or whatever you used last?

Try this... change the "Output:" option back to "Save to Folder", then use the "Browse..." button on the right to set the Destination to "Downloads".
    Then, change the "Output: option back to "Save As", and close and reopen the program. It worked for me, starting the file tree at the folder I'd set in "Destination".

Thanks for the heads-up on a new version, by the way. It's fixed the settings issue, but is still crashing out if I select Matroska as the output format.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Phylbert View Post
    Try this... change the "Output:" option back to "Save to Folder", then use the "Browse..." button on the right to set the Destination to "Downloads".
    Then, change the "Output: option back to "Save As", and close and reopen the program. It worked for me, starting the file tree at the folder I'd set in "Destination"
    Phylbert, I can't thank you enough! You were absolutely right about this setting as well (makes total sense but I still wouldn't have got that one in 100 years). Sorry to hear it's still glitchy for your MKV's. Hopefully he gets these recent bugs out soon. All the best my good man and many thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Happy that it worked for you, Cherry Picker.... especially since I joined the forum specifically to answer your first question
    Definitely sticking around, though. Lots of useful info on here!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi Phylbert,
    Since I know you an XMR user, I thought I'd reach out to you for one more issue. I started a new thread here since it is a different issue:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/404720-XMedia-Recode-Volume-Correction-Always-Enabled

Hoping you can shed some light.

BTW, you may (or may not) know that ver. 3552 came out three days ago and corrected a crashing issue that many reported. Hope this helps you out.
    Quote Quote