VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Trying to inverse telecine and resize some files, and trying to do this on a machine without AviSynth installed. A simple Version() script will work just fine with AviSynth.dll and DevIL.dll in the same folder as FFmpeg.exe, but as soon as I try to call D2VSource, an error is thrown. Even if I put D2VSource.dll in the same folder as the AviSynth dlls and FFmpeg.exe, it doesn't work.

For reference, here's the AVS script:

Code:
    D2VSource("F:\movie.d2v")
    TFM()
    TDecimate()
    BilinearResize(720,540)
    And here's the FFmpeg script:

Code:
    prereqs\ffmpeg.exe -i "movie.avs" -i "movie.ac3"-map 0:v -map 1:a -map 2 -c:v libx264 -c:a libmp3lame -b:v 5M -shortest "movie.mp4" -loglevel warning -stats
    Any help greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Using python and vapoursynth I made it work (plus vapoursynth plugin that reads avs script). The advice was given to use ctype.DLL(library), in our case ctypes.CDLL("./AviSynth.dll") where that dll is in working directory and its windows only , but those libraries could be *.so, *.dylib or *.dll library depending on os in general, but I used Python, so in your case you have to find some equivalent what actually that ctype.CDLL() does.
    On top of that Avisynth script has to load those libraries manually in the script, in your case LoadPlugin("D2VSource.dll"). So I'd just start with that.
    Last edited by _Al_; 18th Nov 2021 at 22:11.
    Quote Quote  
  3. As a side note:
    Hybrid uses portable versions of Avisynth (32/64bit) and Vapoursynth (64bit) without a problem (and Hybrid can be turned into a portable tool).
    What you need to do, since there is no auto loading with a portable version with Avisynth is explicitly load the plugin dlls,...
    (is you want/need to use relative paths with Avisynth, read: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172699)
    Also your FFmpeg call is broken since you miss a white space
    Code:
    .. -i "movie.ac3"-map 0:v ..
    should be
    Code:
    .. -i "movie.ac3" -map 0:v ..
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by seanmcnally View Post
    Even if I put D2VSource.dll in the same folder as the AviSynth dlls and FFmpeg.exe, it doesn't work.

d2vsource.dll is the vapoursynth plugin

DGDecode.dll is the avisynth plugin
    Quote Quote  
  5. @poisondeathray: d2vsource is also available Avisynth: https://github.com/Asd-g/MPEG2DecPlus
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    @poisondeathray: d2vsource is also available Avisynth: https://github.com/Asd-g/MPEG2DecPlus

That .dll is "MPEG2DecPlus64.dll" for x64 and "MPEG2DecPlus.dll" for x86

The OP mentioned "d2vsource.dll", which is the vapoursynth plugin
    Quote Quote  
  7. That .dll is "MPEG2DecPlus64.dll" for x64 and "MPEG2DecPlus.dll" for x86
    ehmmm,.... not since "21 Jun 2020" when the plugin was renamed,...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    That .dll is "MPEG2DecPlus64.dll" for x64 and "MPEG2DecPlus.dll" for x86
    ehmmm,.... not since "21 Jun 2020" when the plugin was renamed,...
    You're right, my bad... another clue is "D2VSource("F:\movie.d2v")" is used... not MPEG2Source
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    Avisynth script has to load those libraries manually in the script, in your case LoadPlugin("D2VSource.dll"). So I'd just start with that.
    Thank you, this was the correct answer! Wound up being a very simple solution.

Final code with LoadPlugin():
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("prereqs\D2VSource.dll")
    LoadPlugin("prereqs\TIVTC.dll")
    D2VSource(""F:\movie.d2v"")
    TFM()
    TDecimate()
    BilinearResize(720,540)
    Quote Quote