VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried the various tricks I've seen online and with no luck. No matter what I do, AC3ACM will not show up as an option.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    jagabo: I'm wondering, though - as I recall, AC3ACM is 32-bit, so would it show in the 64-bit version of VirtualDub?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. You are right: in 64 bit windows 32 bit programs require 32 bit codecs, 64 bit programs require 64 bit codecs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess that was my problem - I was using the 32-bit version of VDub and I needed the 64-bit version.

Well I installed it and AC3ACM shows up in it, but now none of the video codecs I've installed show up. Grrrrrrrrr. There's no option for DivX or anything.
    Last edited by teapot; 16th Jun 2010 at 16:06.
    Quote Quote  
  5. 64 bit programs require 64 bit codecs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know of any 64-bit version of DivX. I just installed whatever was on their site. :\
    Quote Quote  
  7. Use 64 bit Xvid instead. They are both MPEG 4 part 2 encoders. Or go back to 32 bit VirtualDub. 64 bit VirtualDub doesn't really have any advantages. The increase in performance is minimal. Something like 5 percent.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But my original problem with 32-bit VDub still stands - I can't get AC3ACM to show up. I installed the 32-bit version and everything and it still doesn't show up. I guess I'm just not meant to have one properly working version of VDub or something. :\

ETA: Ok, I don't know what I did, but I managed to get AC3ACM to show up in my 32-bit version of VDub. Happy at last. Still having other problems though - trying to get them figured out too.
    Last edited by teapot; 17th Jun 2010 at 16:10.
    Quote Quote