VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24
FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. @october262,

Thanks for replying. I appreciate it.

I'm afraid I was not clear enough.
    The problem is that I was not able to run gpedit.msc at all - I just got multiple error MsgBoxes and the gpedit console would not open.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Yaron View Post
    @october262,

Thanks for replying. I appreciate it.

I'm afraid I was not clear enough.
    The problem is that I was not able to run gpedit.msc at all - I just got multiple error MsgBoxes and the gpedit console would not open.
    there's more than one way to open the gpedit console - https://www.digitalcitizen.life/open-local-group-policy-editor/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks again. I'll see what I can do.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hello Atak_Snajpera , thanks for all your help and your tricks .
    Basically , i was able to start WIN 7 without problems on my machine . This is awesome , but one thing couldn't work

I'm running Win10 and Win 7 in dual boot on a recent computer , and I have an i9-10880H (COMET LAKE) .... and my graphic card is not working .
    Because there are no intel graphic drivers for COMET LAKE series for win 7.

My graphic card is an INTEL UHD GRAPHICS (no number , only that) . And i want my win 7 to detect that . Can't find a way on internet for this .
    So , i'm sticking with a Default VGA GRAPHIC ( no Windows Aero) .

Do you have some clues? Please

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wilfriedd View Post
    Hello Atak_Snajpera , thanks for all your help and your tricks .
    Basically , i was able to start WIN 7 without problems on my machine . This is awesome , but one thing couldn't work

I'm running Win10 and Win 7 in dual boot on a recent computer , and I have an i9-10880H (COMET LAKE) .... and my graphic card is not working .
    Because there are no intel graphic drivers for COMET LAKE series for win 7.

My graphic card is an INTEL UHD GRAPHICS (no number , only that) . And i want my win 7 to detect that . Can't find a way on internet for this .
    So , i'm sticking with a Default VGA GRAPHIC ( no Windows Aero) .

Do you have some clues? Please

Thank you
    have you tried this - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005474/graphics.html
    Quote Quote  
  6. have you tried this - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005474/graphics.html[/QUOTE]

Yes , but i can only find UHD GRAPHICS for win 10 x64 . There aren't for win 7.

So even if i try to manually install these , i doubt it will work since it's win 10 x64 architecture based.
    Quote Quote  
  7. @wilfriedd,

I've seen your post on win-raid.
    I have Comet Lake i7-10700 and after many attempts I gave up and bought a dGPU.
    If you do succeeded, please update there.

Did you use an English ISO with Windows 7 Image Updater and then added your local language pack?
    - Can you run gpedit.msc without errors?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Yaron View Post
    @wilfriedd,

I've seen your post on win-raid.
    I have Comet Lake i7-10700 and after many attempts I gave up and bought a dGPU.
    If you do succeeded, please update there.

Did you use an English ISO with Windows 7 Image Updater and then added your local language pack?
    - Can you run gpedit.msc without errors?

Thank you.
    Hello @yaron , unfortunately it didn't work yet . it's been already 3 months i'm fighting for that , i will give up soon lol. I suppose a DGPU is an external graphic card , right ?

I used a French Iso ( since i'm french) , didn't added any languages in that .

I don't know about gpedit.msc , never used that and don't know anything about this . Could you explain please?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hello @wilfriedd,

I suppose a DGPU is an external graphic card , right ?
    That's correct.

I used a French Iso.
    Do you mean the original ISO was French and Windows 7 Image Updater generated a modified French ISO?

I don't know about gpedit.msc , never used that and don't know anything about this . Could you explain please?
    Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc -> Enter.

I suppose it should work for you as your original ISO was French.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Code:
     Do you mean the original ISO was French and Windows 7 Image Updater generated a modified French ISO?
    Yes , the ISO was French , right

Code:
     Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc -> Enter.
    It worked , i don't know what i'm supposed to do with it , but no errors happened opening that , yes
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thank you for the info.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do with it
    You can change various settings via that tool.

If you decide to buy a dGPU, make sure it has a driver for Windows 7.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Has anyone managed to install Windows 7 on an Intel B560/Z590 motherboard and a Comet Lake CPU (with or without GPU)?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Has anyone got problems with eventually getting a black screen with a cursor? I even updated my graphics driver.

EDIT: solved
    Last edited by vbnm6789; 14th Mar 2021 at 15:12.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Full UEFI without CSM (because Nvidia resizable bar), would be possible somehow? If not, than unfortunately Windows 10 now really have an edge over Win 7.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by AlexsHunter View Post
    Full UEFI without CSM (because Nvidia resizable bar), would be possible somehow? If not, than unfortunately Windows 10 now really have an edge over Win 7.
    I have heard the same about DX12...
    Some attempts are being made regarding full UEFI support
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/uefiseven-easily-boot-windows-7-on-uefi-class...devices.82137/
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hi, I try to install win7 32bits to my asus prime h410 with nvme ssd
    I try few times to patch different x86 iso but it fail to create output iso..
    I have an error "Could not open boot sector file 'C:/...../image/efi/microsoft/boot/efisys.bin'
    I tried with 4 different X86 iso with the same probleme.
    When i try with X64 there is no probleme.

Is there a tip to succeed ?
    Thank you in advance for your help!!!(i think I’m going crazy ��)

@ Atak_Snajpera need help plzzz
    Last edited by Darmou; 8th Apr 2021 at 13:28.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hi,

I'm new here and also not very good at this.

I updated the iso file with the package listed on the first page. Windows 7 does install but freezes at the logo page (the flying windows one). I try to boot it up in safe mode and after loading multiple drivers, it freezes at "Loaded: \windows\system32\drivers\ahcix64s.sys".

I'm on:

Dell Latitude 3400
    Intel i5 8265u
    UHD 620 Graphics

I don't quite fully understand it but I think it doesn't support CSM.

Please help.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Is this expected to work on Intel B560 chipsets like those found on ASUS PRIME B560M-A
    ?

I'm seeing a similar problem as @rsm_21, though, I do have CSM support and in my case the computer doesn't hang, it just resets.

I downloaded the file in the first post and create the ISO successfully. After enabling CSM and updating the BIOS, I was able to run the installer. However after install, Windows seems to hang at the spash screen and reset repeatedly. I can boot on an older system (1st Gen i5) with UEFI support, but it seems it's missing some driver on B560.
    I even tried SAFE MODE, and it still crashes when loading drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hello I have successfully created a modified iso with the tool. However when installing it shows a driver could not be installed so it failed. Please help!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by rsm_21 View Post
    Hi,

I updated the iso file with the package listed on the first page. Windows 7 does install but freezes at the logo page (the flying windows one). I try to boot it up in safe mode and after loading multiple drivers, it freezes at "Loaded: \windows\system32\drivers\ahcix64s.sys".

I'm on:

Dell Latitude 3400
    Intel i5 8265u
    UHD 620 Graphics

Please help.
    Please can someone reply. Let me know if this is the wrong sub for this.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rsm_21 View Post
    Hi,

I'm on:

Dell Latitude 3400
    Intel i5 8265u
    UHD 620 Graphics

Please help.
    follow the steps in post #26 - https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/701836/dual-w7w10-pc-freezes-on-loading-ahci...2#entry4845262
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Hi,

I'm on:

Dell Latitude 3400
    Intel i5 8265u
    UHD 620 Graphics

Please help.
    follow the steps in post #26 - https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/701836/dual-w7w10-pc-freezes-on-loading-ahci...2#entry4845262
    Thanks. I discovered a simple method using UEFISEVEN, trying that now. WIll reply back here if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Darmou View Post
    Hi, I try to install win7 32bits to my asus prime h410 with nvme ssd
    I have an error "Could not open boot sector file 'C:/...../image/efi/microsoft/boot/efisys.bin'

No one for help me?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Darmou View Post

No one for help me?
    Try switching from EFI to legacy mode in bios.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by zing269 View Post

No one for help me?
    Try switching from EFI to legacy mode in bios.
    thank you for your help, actually my problem is that i can't patch 32bit iso with the new drivers, in @Atak_Snajpera software.
    at the end of the process it say "Could not open boot sector file 'C:/...../image/efi/microsoft/boot/efisys.bin"
    Quote Quote  
  26. Thanks. I discovered a simple method using UEFISEVEN, trying that now. WIll reply back here if it works.
    Ok. SO here is where I am.

I was convinced that something simpler should exist. Then I discovered UEFISEVEN. Now, I am not sure what slipstream is, so I tried to follow the simple steps:

* Rename bootx64.efi at (UsbDrive)\EFI\Boot\ to bootx64.original.efi -- OK, done.

* Unpack bootx64.efi from UefiSeven archive and copy it to (UsbDrive)\EFI\Boot\ --now, where is the bootx64.efi file in the downloaded uefi-seven zip file? There is no file like that. How is one to copy it to the USB when this file doesn't even exist? inside the Uefiseven folder there are 'C', 'H' kind of files

Noob on this issue. Must be rather simple for veterans.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I discovered a simple method using UEFISEVEN, trying that now. WIll reply back here if it works.

I was convinced that something simpler should exist. Then I discovered UEFISEVEN. Now, I am not sure what slipstream is, so I tried to follow the simple steps:

* Rename bootx64.efi at (UsbDrive)\EFI\Boot\ to bootx64.original.efi -- OK, done.

* Unpack bootx64.efi from UefiSeven archive and copy it to (UsbDrive)\EFI\Boot\ --now, where is the bootx64.efi file in the downloaded uefi-seven zip file? There is no file like that. How is one to copy it to the USB when this file doesn't even exist? inside the Uefiseven folder there are 'C', 'H' kind of files

If there are only C and H files then you downloaded the source code not the program.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM

the bootx64.efi file is located on you windows 7 iso file - see post #9 - https://www.win-raid.com/t7111f52-Install-Windows-on-Kbook-Apollo-Lake-n.html
    Quote Quote  
  29. If there are only C and H files then you downloaded the source code not the program.
    You're right. Github interface confused me; I've now downloaded the actual program. I'll report back what happens.

Thanks for the quick reply!
    Quote Quote  
  30. the bootx64.efi file is located on you windows 7 iso file - see post #9 - [url]https://www.win-raid.com/t7111f52-Install-Windows-on-Kbook-Apollo-Lake-n.html
    I know the location in Win 7.

I was missing the file in uefi-seven, realized my mistake (i had the source code, not the actual program). I'll report how it goes.
    Quote Quote