Page 10 of 10
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    How's this?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Awful lot of DCT ringing artifacts. And still a lot of projector bounce. The flicker is gone though.
    Last edited by jagabo; 15th Jan 2012 at 13:25.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, at least the flicker is gone which was my biggest challenge.

Projector bounce is taken care of with stab, I believe(?)

what about the ringing artifacts?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    Projector bounce is taken care of with stab, I believe(?)
    Yes.

Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    what about the ringing artifacts?
    Try UnDot(). Or use Mpeg2Source("filename.d2v", CPU=6).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Gettin' there, I hope. Here are two 2X pointresize blowups from a portion of a couple of frames in the mpg and script posted earlier in #270 (13 Jan 2012). Not totally satisfied with some of mild bleed. I tried making lines sharper and darker but it started looking a bit overdone and etched. Still working on color. But a tad more antialias might be in order, I think (?).

[Attachment 10582 - Click to enlarge]

But I still don't know what to do about the pale ghost in this scene. Spent half the day in doom9 looking up "ghost" stuff, didn't get anywhere.

[Attachment 10583 - Click to enlarge]

Same script as before, attached below.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 09:04.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I think I have found a very good denoising alternative that gives results close to McTemporalDenoise. I am using a combination of Avisynth and NeatVideo in Virtualdub:

For very dirty clips, I have been stacking Avisynth's TemporalCleaner and TTempsmooth. The luma/Chroma threshold is evenly balanced...that is, I use around 4-5 for Cleaner (modest settings) and a little more for Ttempsmooth, since it tackles background noise rather nicely. The reason for stacking these two is quite simple: Cleaner stabilizes random pixels (dirt), while Smoother takes care of the backround noise and smooths out any remaining dirt.

I save that script, and then open it in Virtualdub. I load NeatVideo and create a noise profile based on the remaining dirt in my new clip. I then run that through, with around a 40-50% sharpening. Now I know this sounds like alot of smoothing, which would lead to artifacts. However, what most people don't realize is that, if perfectly balanced, Cleaner stabilizes, Smoother cleans and NeatVideo's temporal smoother, being adaptive and not creating ghosting, artifacts, etc. is the perfect finishing touch to eliminating leftover junk...without eliminating a single detail. It's perfect.

I have to say, the results are SUPERB. Tonight, I plan on posting before/after sample. There might be some slight ringing on the edges (which only show on the computer monitor, but not on my TV after I encode and author). But I could still use some advice to eliminate that, if possible. Otherwise, beautiful video.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Keep at it, unclescoob.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 09:04.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    sanlyn, thanks.

did you get my PM?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Post your sample unclescoob thanks

As a side note:

There is a field you haven't exploited yet i believe: working on Y and UV separately , you can do that with Merge http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Merge

example:
    avisource("....")
    chromavid = awarpsharp2(depth=28, chroma=4) #
    mergechroma(chromavid,1.0)
    Last edited by themaster1; 29th Jan 2012 at 11:02.
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  10. Last edited by jagabo; 29th Jan 2012 at 11:38.
    Quote Quote