VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Google simply turns up garbage with this. I'm currently using Kate and she is okay but I'm polling you guys for anything better. I've heard better AI voices in Youtube videos so I know there's gonna be something way better than this in 2018.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Google's recent Duplex demo is the best I've heard. Starts about 35 minutes in... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogfYd705cRs

Amazon Polly sounds pretty good.
    Last edited by jagabo; 14th Jun 2018 at 16:59.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Duplex sounds quite convincing but Polly has something artificial in background...
    Quote Quote  
  4. As I understand it, Amazon Polly uses third part voices. So some are better than others. I found "Amy" to be pretty good. But I've only heard a few samples.

I hope Duplex allows you to bypass the interjections once it becomes available. I'd love to be able to throw an ebook at it and get an mp3 file back.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Amazon Polly isn't a voice, it's a huge set of voices. Duplex isn't available, Amy is British and the rest creep me out. I settled with Salli. Her name sounds like one of a 5-year-old kid but thankfully her voice isn't unlike some of the others.
    What do you know... processor speeds have hardly moved up an inch since 2012 yet progress was made. I feel whole again, maybe I'll let Salli read me a bed time story.

And on a personal note, I would never under any circumstances have the NSA (Duplex) read me anything no matter how pleasant the voice is.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I tried Google's text to voice and sorry to say it needs improvement. I tried a couple of other software and found this one https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/389322-Best-text-to-speech-voice which I am currently using. My son was helping on a project and he actually caught on quickly. There may be others but this one did it for me.

Good Luck,
    HJR
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hjrteaching View Post
    I tried Google's text to voice and sorry to say it needs improvement. I tried a couple of other software and found this one https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/389322-Best-text-to-speech-voice which I am currently using. My son was helping on a project and he actually caught on quickly. There may be others but this one did it for me.

Good Luck,
    HJR
    Your link simply links back to this thread. Did you mean to link to something else?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Did you try my favorite?

https://lingojam.com/StephenHawkingVoiceGenerator

It has options to play around with. Doesn't work in Microsoft Edge browser.

Also, if you want an app on your computer, there are several good free ones. Just search and try.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had good results with Natural Reader. It's kind of fun tweaking spelling to make the voice react and enunciate differently trying to mimic real speech.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Kevin Hall View Post
    Did you try my favorite?
    I did just now, it's garbage. Worse than Microsoft Sam.

Originally Posted by Kevin Hall View Post
    Also, if you want an app on your computer, there are several good free ones. Just search and try.
    I love the abundance of genius on the internet, I never would've figured that one out without you. In fact, had you taken your own advice, you wouldn't have trash as a favorite. *s*

Originally Posted by Barrythecrab
    I had good results with Natural Reader. It's kind of fun tweaking spelling to make the voice react and enunciate differently trying to mimic real speech.
    Natural Reader is a reader, not a voice engine. And the ones that come included suck.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Holy crap Aludin, Such anger and lack of social skills. I tried to help you in a fun way. It's my favorite because it's free and fun. I realize that it's not appropriate for every situation. I was just sharing something I like with the community. I guess I'm done responding to any of your threads. You're obviously a genius like me.

I don't remember the name of the free app I used for non Steven Hawking voice recognition. This is a brand new computer. My other computer, with the app on it worked very well and professionally, for free. I remember seeing many to choose from in my search. That's why I suggested you do the same, instead of being a big baby and wanting everyone else to do your work for you. **** off.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Great, now I'm in a bad mood. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  13. "It's not what I meant. It's uh, what I said, and it's, I think it's, different than your interpretation" - Donald Trump

“I'd like to punch him in the face.” - Donald Trump
    Last edited by Kevin Hall; 30th Jul 2019 at 17:14. Reason: Left a part out of the quote
    Quote Quote  
  14. If you read the first sentence of my post you'd see that I've already searched extensively which is why I already have a voice engine that's adequate which is why I was challenging anyone for anything better. Someone did exactly that by introducing me to Salli.
    This thread is about text-to-speech, not speech-to-text so no idea why you mentioned "non Steven Hawking voice recognition".

Since you like quotes, here's one: "Better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Abe Lincoln.
    Quote Quote