VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I am capturing some of my old home videos that were taken with a JVC camcorder and recorded to mini DV tapes. I am using Pinnacle studio to capture them through FireWire from the original camcorder used to my desktop FireWire port that I added. Everything is capturing and working fine. There is just one issue where the tape will be capturing and then where ever the recording had stopped on the tape, the capturing continues (with the last frame recorded frozen) even when there is no more signal. I have the auto stop capture switched to on in the program so the tape should stop and not capture the blank ending sections. Door anyone have any ideas on why the program continues to capture every tape until the end even when there is no more signal? I could just trim the ending blank parts but if there was a way to stop it from happening in the first place, it would make this easier.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Use WinDV or Sclive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    +1

You will have problems finding members who use that software. And even less for the purpose you are putting it to.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, so I’ve tried Sclive and am having the same issues. If a tape has 20 mins of recording on it, the program will take the last frame recorded and just capture it, frozen, for another 40mins until the entire 60min tape is ran through. So I guess it’s not the program at this point. It must be my camcorder. I wonder if cleaning the heads would do it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Just trim off the frozen section or set Sclive to record scene by scene.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Yeah I can. I just have a bunch of tapes to capture and was hoping to not have to go back and do the trimming. My digital 8 camcorder would stop capturing through the program as soon as the video signal ended and not capture until the end of the tape if there are blank parts at the end, so it makes me think it’s the camcorder.
    Quote Quote