VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi dear members of this forum,

I hope my post is according to rules.

I have two different videos - media.info:
    1. video stream, 4996 kb/s, 720*576 at 25.000 FPS, MPEG Video (PAL) Version2, custom matrix / BVOP, length 1h:33min:40seconds
    with four audios and three subtitles
    I used MakeMKV from DVD

2. video stream, 2994 kb/s, 1280*720 (16:9), at 23.976 (24000/1001)FPS, CABAC / 8 ref frames, length: 1h:30min:58seconds
    I do not know how the second video was taken.

I exported audios and subs using mkv clever.

Both videos are the same according to dialogs and images.

First video starts dialog at 4s:500ms, second video starts dialog at 2s.

I tried followig: removed from longer audios 2.5 seconds and changed speed.
    But only first dialog was synchronized, everything after was like speeding up.

I went through diferrences between PAL and NTSC
    I do not understand why even after changing speed of audio, it does not match with lips.

I found following link https://www.reddit.com/r/ffmpeg/comments/iv9f34/comment/g5px2oh/?utm_source=share&utm_...eb2x&context=3.
    I tried with CMD and qwinff-portable as GUI for ffmepg.

What I need to do to sync audios and subs from longer video with shorter video?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If it was the same cut of the movie, but just the frame rate affecting the playback time,
    the 23.976 version would be longer that the 25 fps version.
    Your files are the other way, seems to imply the PAL version has additional scenes or similar
    to make up the extra minutes
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Most likely the scene changes are different in length and you have to manually adjust the audio at key points where the scene changes are longer or shorter.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ivicacevis View Post
    Hi dear members of this forum,
    I have two different videos - media.info:

1. video stream, 4996 kb/s, 720*576 at 25.000 FPS, MPEG Video (PAL) Version2, custom matrix / BVOP, length 1h:33min:40seconds
    with four audios and three subtitles
    I used MakeMKV from DVD

2. video stream, 2994 kb/s, 1280*720 (16:9), at 23.976 (24000/1001)FPS, CABAC / 8 ref frames, length: 1h:30min:58seconds

First video starts dialog at 4s:500ms, second video starts dialog at 2s.
    1. Select the desired audio stream from video1.
    2. Load it into clever ffmpeg-GUI, click main, click convert audio stream, click continue, select values like in the marked areas in the picture, leave all other settings as they are and click convert.
    [Attachment 62335 - Click to enlarge]

3 If done, simple convert one audiostream from video2 to wav.
    4. Import the converted wav from video 2 into audacity (as reference)
    5. Import the converted wav (from step 2, from video 1, 25fps->23.976fps) as 2nd audio.
    [Attachment 62336 - Click to enlarge]

6. Adjust the lower (the desired one) stream to the upper reference stream. If finished, save your work.
    7. Convert the corrected wav to aac/ac3, if you want, and remux it to video 2.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you for your time and replies. I watched carefully in parralel both videos again, and longer indeed has inserted material. I decided not to mess anymore with that, it is time consuming.
    Quote Quote