VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    My DVR-433 is locked. Every taste I press on recorder, on display appear LOCK. I disconnect recorder from the mains, but no help. What is wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Someone activated the child lock option by mistake. To unlock the recorder, you should reconnect the power to the recorder. Press and hold down the black stop button on the recorder (not the one on the remote control) for three seconds until the word UNLOCK appears on the display. I know this works on a DVR-533H-S recorder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I connect recorder after more than 5 days. On display appears --:--. After set up all working. But after some time again LOCK and after few second UNLOCK appear on display. I reset my recorder (press and hold black stop button and press standby/on buton). Again --:-- on display. After set up recorder work, but again LOCK and UNLOCK appear on display several times. What next? Maybe replace all electrolytic capacitors (19) on PSU board?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Unfortunately, I cannot explain why LOCK and UNLOCK re-appear again. Maybe send a private message to Hkan, one of the members here. He's the expert on servicing Pioneer recorders.

Here's one of Hkan's posts:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/196949-Hard-Drive-upgrade-for-Pioneer-DVR-520H?p=20...=1#post2035178

edit:
    If you had another DVR-433 to take apart, I probably would swap the front control panel and see if that fixes the problem. Could be a dirty contact on the black stop button or a faulty control panel. No guarantee however.
    Last edited by em-t-wallitt; 28th Aug 2011 at 13:16. Reason: suggestion to fix the recorder and link to Hkan
    Quote Quote