VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,
    I seem to be getting lotsa error when I use their internal tools to convert so can some1 pls kindly recommend a good software that can do it easily? I just want to import the audio files to DVD-lab so I can use em' in the menus and such.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Personally, I use Cool Edit Pro 2, but there are lots of them that can, Goldwave is one I've heard mentioned...whatever you use, the format should be PCM (.wav) with settings of 16 bit at 48 KHz.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ffmpeggui can make mp3 into ac3 which you can use for the audio and is dvd compliant and much smaller than pcm audio.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0
    Ffmpeggui can make mp3 into ac3 which you can use for the audio and is dvd compliant and much smaller than pcm audio.
    ffmpeggui can also convert to MP2 which is part of the DVD standard for PAL land only, but is likely to be OK in NTSC land on newer machines.
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the replies and advice fellas. I will give the ones recommended a try.

Have a good day.
    Quote Quote