VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I'm trying to add subtitles (srt) to a movie (iso). The iso already has a "subtitles" option in the main menu, but the subtitles themselves are not added, so the option does nothing. How would I go about adding subtitles so that I can turn them on or off with the "subtitles" option in the main menu? Is the process different for Bluray vs. DVD? I also have the subtitles in .sup format.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You say "movie (iso)" but you neglect to say what kind of "movie (iso)". DVD or Blu-Ray? And what kind of SUP file? Blu-Ray or DVD?

And yes, the process is different depending on whether DVD or Blu-Ray. The first thing to do is to take it out of ISO. You should probably demux after that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    You say "movie (iso)" but you neglect to say what kind of "movie (iso)". DVD or Blu-Ray? And what kind of SUP file? Blu-Ray or DVD?

And yes, the process is different depending on whether DVD or Blu-Ray. The first thing to do is to take it out of ISO. You should probably demux after that.
    I have both Bluray and DVD iso files and the sup is Bluray.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CHead2000 View Post
    Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I'm trying to add subtitles (srt) to a movie (iso). The iso already has a "subtitles" option in the main menu, but the subtitles themselves are not added, so the option does nothing. How would I go about adding subtitles so that I can turn them on or off with the "subtitles" option in the main menu? Is the process different for Bluray vs. DVD? I also have the subtitles in .sup format.
    If you are willing to do without menus, you could create an MKV from the Blu-ray and add new subtitles (in Blu-ray format).

However, at this point, there is no method for simply adding or replacing subtitles in an existing Blu-ray movie ISO. There used to be software that claimed to be able to replace or add subtitles to an existing Blu-ray movie but that software (priced at about $400) is no longer available and I cannot confirm that it actually worked as advertised.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote