VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    There might be a way to restore that to progressive.

Might want to post about it on the doom9 forums. They have a forum dedicated to AviSynth.

Here is what I would do.

Post a small sample of the original PAL video. You can probably use the slider controls on DGIndex to cut a small bit out. The file size needs to be no more than 100MB. Make sure you demux to a M2V file and not a D2V file. Another option is to use MPEG-VCR or VideoReDo Plus to cut out a part of the video and save it as an MPEG file.

You can then post that file on the rapidshare website. It is free to post files up to 100MB.

http://www.rapidshare.com/

Then post the link. Someone (the more the better) can then download it and take a look.

If you do this at the doom9 AviSynth forum sometimes someone will download it and even give you a sample script for how to deinterlace/IVTC it. Again it depends on their "mood" if you ask me. They can be a bit stuck up at times.

But if you sound like you know what you are talking about and provide a simple and easy to download clip for reference then chances are someone there will help.

I don't know about manono but those guys (at doom9) far surpass my AviSynth abilities especially in terms of the deinterlacing and IVTC arena.

http://www.doom9.org/ [this is the main doom9 website]
    http://forum.doom9.org/ [this is the doom9 forum website]

So yes I would post there but also post the download link here as I am sure both manono and myself will take a look see at the clip and maybe be able to offer help.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

P.S.
    At doom9 you want the forum called, AVISYNTH USAGE
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by manono
    And PAL anime is often converted from NTSC by field-blending. You had better make sure first that they're not field-blended and interlaced, before going through this, as this particular process won't work if they are.
    From my first post in response to you. And only now we learn that's probably the case? As FulciLives says, post a sample, although I'd say 20 MB will be more than enough to figure what these HK bootlegs are like and what, if anything, can be done for them.

Open a vob in DGIndex, scroll to a place with movement and use the [ and ] buttons to isolate the piece. Then go File->Save Project and Demux Video. Take the resulting 10 seconds or so M2V and upload it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys.

Sorry, but my cable modem went down Friday night. Then my wife was home, Mother's Day, etc...

I'll be trying again on Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Just wanted you to know I wasn't giving up.

Mike.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to convert a PAL DVD to NTSC using Avisynth and CCE. I have followed all the steps carefully, using FulciLives' Avisynth script:

Code:
    LoadPlugin("DGDecode.dll")
    MPEG2Source("D:\movie.d2v")
    ConvertToYUY2()
    LanczosResize(720,480)
    crop(8,12,-8,-12)
    AddBorders(8,12,8,12)
    When I preview in VirtualDub, everything appears fine, resized nicely to 720x480. But when I open this same script in CCE, it says that the source is 720x576. I tried encoding anyway, and the resulting mpv file is 720x576. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    untick dvd compliancy.
    setting 25fps with dvd compliant ticked, automatically resizes to 576
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 45tripp
    untick dvd compliancy.
    setting 25fps with dvd compliant ticked, automatically resizes to 576
    Exactly. You want to make sure the option called "FOR DVD" is left UNCHECKED.

Also note that my CROP and ADDBORDERS commands are there to illustrate how to use them. Everyone always seems to use my settings verbatim yet that can't apply to every movie! THINK about what each line in the script does and why it is being done.

Also the ConvertToYUY2() should go at the end IF you don't need it earlier for filter use. What I mean is some filters work in YUY2 mode so you have to do that FIRST and THEN use the filter. No harm in that but when you aren't using any filters might as well put it at the end. Again it is here in this example not for filter use but because CCE needs it.

If using HCenc then you don't need that line because DVD is natively YV12 and HCenc works in the YV12 colorspace. CCE works in the YUY2 colorspace hence why the line is needed.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to both of you for your replies. You were, of course, quite right and I was able to convert the video with excellent results. I burned it to DVD tonight. DGPulldown is an excellent little utility and resulted in a perfectly synced DVD. This is actually the second time I'd tried to do this with this movie, the first unsuccessful try being about 5 years ago. If only DGPulldown had been available then!
    Quote Quote  
  8. PAL VIDEO ERRATIC FREEZING FOLLOWED BY EXTRA FAST PLAYBACK

I've been desperately trying to convert a 23.976fps NTCS avi to PAL DVD. Initially using TMPGEnc, then CCE with AVI for the video and VirtualDubMod and BeSweet for the audio. I seem to be doing the correct things according to the guide and the converted video and audio are in synch, however when I burn my authored video (using DVD Lab) the playback freezes for
    around a second, every now and again. Prior to, or after the freeze, the playback speeds up. This behaviour occurs every minute or so.

When I play the dvd on my PC it plays fine and when I create the DVD without the audio this is also fine.

To convert the audio I use VDM to extract the wav file, then BeSweetGui using MP2ENC, with the 23.976 to 25.000 preset, to convert to a 25fps mp2 file.

I've also noticed that when I use TMPGEnc Author, it complains of 'ILLEGAL MPEG AUDIO STREAM' during the authoring process, hence I use DVD lab. I've noticed a few posts reporting this, however no solution.

This is quite an involved procedure and feel I'm almost there. Any help that someone could provide on this would be very much appreciated.

For info, my AviSynth file is as follows ;

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\vsfilter.dll")
    avisource("Video.avi")
    Textsub("Video.srt")
    AssumeFPS(25, True)
    BicubicResize(704,464,0,0.6,2,0,636,288)
    AddBorders(8,56,8,56)
    ConvertToYUY2()
    Quote Quote  
  9. It sounds to me like the problem is the audio. Do you agree? If so, why not keep it at 23.976fps and keep the same audio, without speeding it up and throwing it off-pitch? Just take the M2V you have and run it through DGPulldown with the 'Custom' box checked and 23.976->25fps filled in. Then you can use the original unstretched audio (unless it's MP3 audio, in which case you'll have to reencode to AC3 or MP2).

Author the new DVD with Muxman. You might want to extract the chapter points from the DVD you already made using PGCDemux with the 'Create Celltimes.txt' box checked. You can also get the chapters using PGCEdit. Load them into Muxman when authoring with File->Import Chapters. Also load the new M2V and the audio. Give it a destination and 'Start'. When done, and if you have menus you want back, just use the 'Replace' button in VobBlanker to replace the video that doesn't work so well with your newly authored Muxman one.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks very much for your quick response and your advice. Yes, I think it is the audio that is affecting the video playback, especially when TMPegEnc DVD author rejects it. When the video freezes the audio still plays as normal. Also, as I mentioned before when I play the video on my PC things are okay. I do have the option of converting to PAL without actually speeding up the audio and video, however this introduces jerky scrolling. If I create the DVD in NTSC format I can play this however the resolution isn't quite so good as PAL. Especially played on a PAL TV.

I thought I would try out a proper conversion to PAL as detailed in this thread if this can be done. It is though a difficult problem to get to the bottom of since the problem only manifests itself when burnt and played on my DVD player. I think though I should be able to resolver the Illegal MPEG Audio Stream error reported by TMPegEnc DVD author.

I'll check out Muxman though. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. What exactly is the desired end result here, what do you have that you want to play/a friend to play/a client to play etc.

My take is that 5 pages of forum notes are equal to $60 approx spent on a player to give to the client/friend that will do it all.

The rare times I have converted anything to pal<>ntsc I have used TMPG express with no other software, just take it in from the source and use the wizard, obviously you lose the menus which you do not using a player, the pioneer 220v-k or 420-v k will do it, as backing up the pal dvd makes it region free anyways.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  12. I want to convert an NTSC AVI @23.976 to PAL DVD using the aforementioned speed up method so I can play a film in PAL format. This removes the jerkiness caused when the encoder's attempts to replace the frame missing each second. There is alot of info relating to PAL to NTSC conversion, however none the other way.

I have resolved my problem. Using Besweet, to convert the 23.976fps wav file to 25fps mp2 file, this resulted in a VBR audio file of 384+/-5.4kbps, as reported by virtualdubmod. Subsequently TMPeg DVD Author rejected this as an illegal stream. DVD Lab accepted it but the outcome was erratic playback. If the frame conversion is performed wav2wav, then converting the 25fps wav file to mp2 the outcome is much better.

Thanks all for your help!
    Quote Quote