+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Best remote? Suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What MCE video card are you using? If Hauppauge, you can get a kit with card and the remote.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using hte Hauppauge 500. Just installed it. Now i'm on the hunt for my next piece of my media center which will be my remote. I appreciate any info on what to get. Thanks>!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your interface is Media Center then this is a must have remote
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=604651

I use it w/ my MCE and works wonders. has learning button for TV power and VOL up/down learning button for receiver.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What are the two included light things for that go wiht the inputs in the back fo the receiver for? I must be dumb...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please don't post the same question in two threads. The two items you are probably talking about are the infrared receiver for your remote and a infrared transmitter for a VCR or other device.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay sorry about that. How do I set up my tv with the remote? There was no documentation with this thing. I don't knwo why...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    here is the manual for it, you should have got one w/ your order.
    http://www.fivepowells.com/mce/MS%20Remote%20manual.pdf
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ridergroov1
    Best remote? Suggestions?

As an alternative to a remote control, check out Windows Media keyboard. It works with the WMCE receiver out of the box, works concurrently with the remote, and I think it is an easier TV controller.

However, the little button on the keyboard that acts like a mouse needs work. It suppose to function like the red stick on IBM Thinkpads. It is not very responsive.

Otherwise, this one wireless device replaces the remote, the keyboard, and the mouse, except as noted.

There are other wireless keyboards brands that provide the same functions as the Microsoft product but I don't know much about them.
    Quote Quote  
  10. To properly address this question, you need to decide if you want an IR remote or RF.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the distance of RF sucks. IR or BLUETOOTH for media centers considering you will most likely be at least 8 feet from the receiver. I use the Media Remote for everything in Media Center which Im rarely not in. I do have an RF keyboard/mouse on my media center also. I used a 15ft usb extender to get the receiver close to the couch.
    Quote Quote  
  12. RF sucks
    well...that's kind of relative. I use mine from the backyard to controll the volume of my Media center when playing music. For me...RF was a big necesity.
    Quote Quote