VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there

Lately, I came across two DVD's that I can easily watch with DVDPlayer or VLC but when I try to use ffmpegX on them, it says «no video, no audio». When I look up the Titles and Chapters in the DVDPlayer an enter these values in the ffmpegX-Fields, mplayer can be startet showing the movies using mplayer. But still I can not choose audio or subtitles nor can I do a crop or anything. Do you have any idea, how I should configure ffmpegX to accept the VIDEO_TS-Folder anyway?

Thank you, Dani

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are these commercial DVDs with some sort of encryption or protection? ffmpegX will not handle these. Probably want to use Mac the Ripper (MTR) to decrypt/rip to your hard disk and proceed normally from there.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another thing to check for is the Title selection. ffmpegX defaults to Title 1, but that's not always the right choice. Using VLC, you can find out which title actually corresponds to the movie. Set that value in ffmpegX first, THEN drag the Video_TS folder on the summary window. ffmpegX does not refresh itself unless you do this little dance.

Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you guys, both of your tips helped me a lot and solved (not only) the problem I came up with. Cheers, Dani
    Quote Quote