VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have just built a multimedia PC for my bedroom and are in the process of converting my dvd's to avi so i can have them all on my machine. I'm using dvd decrypter to rip the dvd's and have the settings

File Mode-Selected files-main movie

File Mode-File Splitting-None

applied and was hoping to use AutoGK to convert them to avi but the audio is always out of sync, does anyone know why this is? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

You should be decrypting with DVD Decrypter in IFO Mode, and not File Mode. If that doesn't fix the problem, then maybe you're encoding newer movies with the newer protections, and you'll have to take steps to remove it and clean up the files. But I'd first suggest trying IFO Mode.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks manono but that didn't help, the DVD i trying to back up is Madagascar, any other suggestions?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You should rip in IFO mode so that you can load the associated IFO file. This IFO file contains details of any audio offsets and AutoGK can apply those offsets, resulting in an in-synch rip.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Maybe you should try a different encoder - I haven't used it but SUPER has been getting good reviews.

Moonstomp
    Just because you're nobody, doesn't mean that you're no good. Just because there's a reason, doesn't mean it's understood. It doesn't make it all right ! (The Specials)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Before you encode...run the material through FixVTS.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi-

...any other suggestions?

Sure, we're always full of bright ideas, worth about what you pay for them. Madagascar is an ArccOS protected disc, something I speculated about in my first reply. I haven't tried it yet, but all reports say that RipIt4Me can handle about anything you can throw at it. The newest version has a Movie-Only Mode, I believe. So, my next suggestion is to run the DVD through RipIt4Me in Movie mode. If worse comes to worst, you can always adjust the delay to get the audio back in synch. It would be easier than decrypting and running the whole thing through AutoGK again, but it'll be a good learning experience that will hold you in good stead for the future.

https://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?guideid=911#911

Edit: hech54's suggestion is also a good one. RipIt4Me does the same thing to the DVDs with those newfangled copy protections.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi, I use DVD Decrypter and AutoGK all the time and have no sync problems. I adjusted the setting according to the directions at this url. I hope it works for you too.

http://www.rita.lt/guides/AutoGK_DVDtoAVI.htm
    Quote Quote