VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I'm about to buy Liteon LVW 5006 for commercial usage. I will burn both dvd and vcd from digital and analog sources. I'm having the machine for a few days for test. I learnt good and bad sides of this machine. It is ok for me but there are some points I should learn.

Would you please help me about the following questions ?

1. I sometimes see slowness when there are fast camcorder movements in the movie, for example movies which were recorded through a driving car window, or quick motions like dances, sports. Has any Liteon LVW 5006 user ever met such a thing? Or does it because of the CD-Rs I use. This only occurs with vhs, vhs-c and betamax tapes. There is no problem with DV and V8 tapes.

2. Is there any difference in the colour, contrast, light between tapes and burned dvds?
    Because there is no way to justify this.

3. It uses DVD-VR format. The manual says the most of players read it. Is that right?

Thank you for your help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use a Lite-On LW-5005 which has similar software to the 5006. I would not make commercial use of any DVDs burned on my recorder. They will all need to be edited and reauthored due to the Lite-On menu structure which is simplistic and limited. And you cannot write DVDs without their menu.

Many Lite-On recorder can be heat sensitive. Do not cram this recorder into a space with no ventilation.

Subjectively I feel that many of the DVDs I have burned on my Lite-On are sharper and brighter than the source VHS when viewed on the same TV. I am more likely to believe in differences in the circuitry for the differing input sources than any other cause.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I own a Liteon LVW 5006. I bought it to play back PAL DVD's, which is does great, BUT, anything recorded on it that's NOT played back on it, come out too bright.

I also have a Polariod DVD Recorder , which does fine with brightness. I no longer record anything on the Liteon.
    Quote Quote