VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Im trying to split up a 24h livestream into 1h pieces, and I got a couple of programs that let me do that. (MPEG Streamclip, Smart cutter)
    After cutting the video up, all the 1h videos looks really good when watched in vlc or windows 10's "movies and tv" program. The problem is that only half the audio loads in premiere pro.

This happens to every single file. I've tried to rename the files to .mov or .mp4, but then Im not even able to import them and i get the error: "Unsuported format or damaged file".

I have no idea why this happens. Does someone have any solution to this? I am open for everything. Even using another program to split the files.

btw: When i use MPEG Streamclip, im not exporting the video, im using "save as", since every single "export" option gives me the error: "Can't read the frame size".

Pictures that show audio not loading:
    http://imgur.com/a/VM9oi
    Last edited by The_Sociopath; 26th Jan 2017 at 14:31. Reason: Added pictures
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Why not load the original in ppro?
    Going directly would save steps.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Why not load the original in ppro?
    Going directly would save steps.

Scott
    It doesn't work. I get the same error. "Unsupported format or damaged file". The file is in 720p and the size is 13GB. Do you know how I can fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which version of Premiere Pro are you using?
    Can you post the specs from a problematic file from MediaInfo?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Have you tried demuxing first and loading the separate elementary streams in? Even if it doesn't work right off the bat, it will let you know the problem area.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
    Which version of Premiere Pro are you using?
    Can you post the specs from a problematic file from MediaInfo?
    Our school gives us some of the adobe programs for free, so i've tried both cc 2015 and 2017.

Here is pictures of the MediaInfo. I hope I did it correctly.
    http://imgur.com/a/xI1d2
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Have you tried demuxing first and loading the separate elementary streams in? Even if it doesn't work right off the bat, it will let you know the problem area.

Scott
    I don't really know what demuxing is, so I searched it on google and it is some kind of splitting? I downloaded a tool called YAMB, but when trying to split the 24h livestream I got the error: "Error detected..check the logfile for more infos.
    "Splitting failed."

The log filed said this:

[16.26.34] : Yamb 2.1.0.0 beta 2 started !!!
    [16.26.34] : OS type detection...x64 (version 6.2, Build 9200 : )
    [16.26.34] : MP4Box found... A:\Misk\Yamb\MP4Box.exe
    [16.26.34] : EAC3to found...a:\misk\yamb\eac3to\eac3to.exe
    [16.27.02] : [1280x720] Stream.mp4 loaded....
    [16.28.09] : Split [1280x720] Stream.mp4 from 06:00:00.000 to 07:00:00.000...
    [16.28.09] : Command Line used for the splitting : "A:\Misk\Yamb\MP4Box.exe" -splitx 21600:25200 "A:\Shadowplay\Streams\[1280x720] Stream.mp4"
    [16.28.18] : Error opening file A:\Shadowplay\Streams\[1280x720] Stream.mp4: Out Of Memory
    [16.28.18] : Splitting failed.
    [16.28.18] : Total Time Elapsed... hours min secs
    [16.30.33] : Yamb 2.1.0.0 beta 2 closed.

Have I missunderstood the whole "demuxing"? Or what am I supposed to do?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Demultiplexing creates one or more files each containing an individual stream (e.g. audio, video, or subtitles) from a multiplexed source file.

YAMB has not had a new release in 7 and a half years. You might have better luck with a different program. My MP4Box GUI is a somewhat newer MP4 multiplexer/demultiplexer.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Demultiplexing creates one or more files each containing an individual stream (e.g. audio, video, or subtitles) from a multiplexed source file.

YAMB has not had a new release in 7 and a half years. You might have better luck with a different program. My MP4Box GUI is a somewhat newer MP4 multiplexer/demultiplexer.
    I tried MP4Box now but it doesn't seem to work. After loading in the file, and selecting them, nothing happens when clicking "Demux". I have watched several MP4Box tutorials, and im not doing anything wrong. Nothing happens when i click the button. Same with splitting.
    Thanks for trying to help me. Do you have any alternative, or know how to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by The_Sociopath View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

I tried MP4Box now but it doesn't seem to work. After loading in the file, and selecting them, nothing happens when clicking "Demux". I have watched several MP4Box tutorials, and im not doing anything wrong. Nothing happens when i click the button. Same with splitting.
    Thanks for trying to help me. Do you have any alternative, or know how to fix this?
    MP4Box or the GUI for it? I meant use https://www.videohelp.com/software/My-MP4Box-GUI and not MP4Box itself. Many people find it easier to use a GUI for a command line program than to use the command line program itself.

When I posted, something went wrong with my link to MyMP4BoxGUI (a GUI for MP4Box). I fixed it, but perhaps not soon enough.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes, sorry. My MP4Box GUI 0.6.0.6 is the program I used, and it didn't work :/
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, sorry. My MP4Box GUI 0.6.0.6 is the program I used, and it didn't work :/
    I just tried MyMP4BoxGUI on an MP4 file that I had downloaded from PBS and a TS file I created from the MP4. (MyMP4BoxGUI demultiplexes TS files too, so you could try MyMP4BoxGUI on some of your TS files.) Both files contained AVC/H264 video and AAC audio. (The file size was about 1GB and the playback time was about 54 minutes.) MyMP4BoxGUI successfully demultiplexed both of them.

Something is likely wrong with your MP4 file.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Yes, sorry. My MP4Box GUI 0.6.0.6 is the program I used, and it didn't work :/
    I just tried MyMP4BoxGUI on an MP4 file that I had downloaded from PBS and a TS file I created from the MP4. (MyMP4BoxGUI demultiplexes TS files too, so you could try MyMP4BoxGUI on some of your TS files.) Both files contained AVC/H264 video and AAC audio. (The file size was about 1GB and the playback time was about 54 minutes.) MyMP4BoxGUI successfully demultiplexed both of them.

Something is likely wrong with your MP4 file.
    Thanks for the reply, and yes, you were right. Demuxing the .ts files (the .ts files is the files i got from cutting up the 24h video in mpeg streamclip) worked. What I don't understand is what I do with it. From demuxing the .ts file i got a .264 file and a .aac file. I can import the .264 file into Premiere pro, but when importing the audio file i get the error: "The file has an unsupported compression type". Another problem is that the .264 file which contains the video, only lasts for 1:13:41, while the .ts file i demuxed lasted for atleast 3 hours.
    Did i do anything wrong? Were I supposed to merge the two files back together?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply, and yes, you were right. Demuxing the .ts files (the .ts files is the files i got from cutting up the 24h video in mpeg streamclip) worked. What I don't understand is what I do with it. From demuxing the .ts file i got a .264 file and a .aac file. I can import the .264 file into Premiere pro, but when importing the audio file i get the error: "The file has an unsupported compression type". Another problem is that the .264 file which contains the video, only lasts for 1:13:41, while the .ts file i demuxed lasted for atleast 3 hours.
    One of the reasons Cornucopia originally suggested demultiplexing the mp4 and importing the video file and audio file separately was to find out if there was a problem with one of them in particular preventing Premiere Pro from opening the mp4.

I have never used Premiere Pro, but looking at the specs, AVC video and AAC audio are supported. ...but, it appears that both the video and the audio have problems because Premiere Pro only imports part of the video file, and the reported playback time of audio file is much longer than it should be.

If there is corrupt data in a video file, many editors will stop importing the video at that point. The audio file may have incorrect information in the headers. (A file's playback time is often read from the headers.) You may not have done anything wrong. These problems may exist because the livestream itself contained defects.

People who record TV broadcasts with PC TV tuners use VideoReDo TVSuite V5 or Cypheros TS-Doctor because they can import recordings even when the file contains a fair amount of corrupt data and other problems. (TV broadcasts often contain errors.) I suggested them in one of your other threads about this problem mp4 because of their ability to work with defective streams. I have VideoReDo TVSuite V5, and I know that it can import and export mp4 files. You said Cypheros TS-Doctor didn't work for you, but it is supposed to be able to import mp4 files. I don't have TS-Doctor, so I cannot say for sure.

Maybe somebody else has better ideas.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    One of the reasons Cornucopia originally suggested demultiplexing the mp4 and importing the video file and audio file separately was to find out if there was a problem with one of them in particular preventing Premiere Pro from opening the mp4.

I have never used Premiere Pro, but looking at the specs, AVC video and AAC audio are supported. ...but, it appears that both the video and the audio have problems because Premiere Pro only imports part of the video file, and the reported playback time of audio file is much longer than it should be.

If there is corrupt data in a video file, many editors will stop importing the video at that point. The audio file may have incorrect information in the headers. (A file's playback time is often read from the headers.) You may not have done anything wrong. These problems may exist because the livestream itself contained defects.

People who record TV broadcasts with PC TV tuners use VideoReDo TVSuite V5 or Cypheros TS-Doctor because they can import recordings even when the file contains a fair amount of corrupt data and other problems. (TV broadcasts often contain errors.) I suggested them in one of your other threads about this problem mp4 because of their ability to work with defective streams. I have VideoReDo TVSuite V5, and I know that it can import and export mp4 files. You said Cypheros TS-Doctor didn't work for you, but it is supposed to be able to import mp4 files. I don't have TS-Doctor, so I cannot say for sure.

Maybe somebody else has better ideas.
    I tested out VideoReDo TVSuite V5 and it kinda worked! I chose a scene start and a scene end and saved it, then imported it to Premiere pro, and now all the sound loads, it doesn't look desynced, and I can easily go through the footage without lag. There is one big problem tho. I chose to save 1 hour of film, but the saved file only has 22 minutes. (After it was done saving, I got a box up saying it deleted some frames and some other things).

In the original 24h video, all the footage works, i can look through it fine, so why did the program remove all those frames? I really hope I did something wrong, and that I can use this program. Do you know how I can fix this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Frame drops (which may be faked during playback), VFR that can't be decoded properly during import.

You may NOT be able to fix this...

However, if you feel comfortable with the way something plays back, you could:
    Hook up HDMI out on one PC through to HDMI capture card in on another PC and then live capture your own playback. Which should then be a legit standard stream.
    -or-
    (if you don't have 2 PCs and need to cheat)
    Playback in fullscreen while running a screenrecording app (but you'll need a beefier computer to handle the load).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM

I tested out VideoReDo TVSuite V5 and it kinda worked! I chose a scene start and a scene end and saved it, then imported it to Premiere pro, and now all the sound loads, it doesn't look desynced, and I can easily go through the footage without lag. There is one big problem tho. I chose to save 1 hour of film, but the saved file only has 22 minutes. (After it was done saving, I got a box up saying it deleted some frames and some other things).

In the original 24h video, all the footage works, i can look through it fine, so why did the program remove all those frames? I really hope I did something wrong, and that I can use this program. Do you know how I can fix this?
    When there is missing/corrupt data in a multimedia file, VideoReDo keeps video and audio in sync by removing video frames or audio frames as needed. Unfortunately, this means it often removes some good frames in addition to removing corrupt ones because it lacks the ability to insert silent audio frames or black video frames to replace missing/corrupt sections.

The MediaInfo report doesn't say your MP4's video is variable frame rate, but I suspect that VideoReDo would be unable to correctly handle VFR video. To be fair, I haven't heard of any editor that does know what to do with VFR video.

If the video plays correctly, you could try Cornucopia's suggestion.
    Quote Quote