VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Over the past few days I have been comparing different DVD to iPod conversion programs and I have a couple of comments as well as a few questions.

I tried CloneDVD Mobile, iPod Video Converter 1.32, Videora iPod Converter, SUPER, and Nero 7.

I converted the same four minute segment from a movie using each of these programs and transferred the files to my iPod. I then hooked my iPod to my television to better compare the quality of the video clips. In my opinion Nero 7 provided the best video and audio quality...

CloneDVD Mobile was horrible... I am SO glad I was using the trial period. There was an audio/video sync problem and the audio itself was pitiful.

I didn't like iPod Video Converter 1.32 (jodix.com) either... the video was very jerky...

Videora iPod Converter also resulted in jerky video.

SUPER provides a video and audio quality that, in my opinion, are comparable to Nero 7 but no matter how I set the aspect ratio the video was distorted...

When playing the clip made by Nero 7, the video freezes and when it starts back, sometimes there is audio and sometimes there isn't (I never had that problem with Nero 6 but I want to use Nero 7 because the video quality is so much better).

I really want to use SUPER and Nero 7 so if anyone else has had similar problems please post solutions.

Thanks
    Anthony
    Quote Quote  
  2. After repeated attempts to convert a DVD video clip (matted widescreen) with SUPER for iPod, I give up!!!

I was able to convert a full screen clip that would work (correct aspect ratio) but I take back what I posted earlier... the quality falls way short of Nero 7.

I downgraded my iPod firmware from 1.1 back to 1.0 and my videos now play without freezing.

Since I am much more interested in quality than speed (Nero 7 is quiet a bit slower than the other programs I have tried) I will keep using Nero 7.

Anthony
    Quote Quote