VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I joined more than 2 .mpg files together using tmpgenc. However, I hear the "beep" sound at every joining part. Do you have idea why? And do you know how to fix this problem?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Michael
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Michael,
    this "beep" sound is heard by a lot of people trying to join mpg's with TMPGenc. Obviously TMPGenc does not join the audiopart of the mpg's smoothly.
    To get around the problem I started to use avisynth scripts to handle all the video and audio processing. One of the last lines in the script is the "dissolve" function which joins the mpg's together without any problems. TMPGenc is now used only for encoding the complete mpg.

Hope this helps, regards,
    Kees Janssen.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi kees1952,

Eventhough I'm not sure how to use/work on avisynth scripts but I really appreciate your reply. At least, I know it's not my problem of having the "beep" sound on the clip.

Thank you.

Michael
    Quote Quote  
  4. This can be solved without using any other program than TMPGenc. All you need to do when joining is to double click each piece and use the edit feature to assign start and end frames to your different segments so that they don't start and end exactly at the first and last frame.
    Once the edit is complete you will notice that that annoying chirp is history.
    Quote Quote