VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've recently switched to madVR with MPC-HC, as EVR was unable to keep up with my upscaling needs now that I have switched to a 4K monitor. (A 480p60 video upscaled at 4K would drop anywhere from 1 to 8 fps, but more problematic would introduce very dramatic tearing from time to time. Surprising considering my computer isn't that bad with an i7-8700 and GTX1060, but whatever I digress.) However there is one odd behavior with madVR. Everytime I resize the player, or switch to fullscreen, the aspect ratio of the video will be messed up and will only revert to the appropriate ratio after an instant. It's not much, but it's very irritating for some reason... Is there anything I've missed in the configuration that could prevent such behavior?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by ZetaStax View Post
    I've recently switched to madVR with MPC-HC, as EVR was unable to keep up with my upscaling needs now that I have switched to a 4K monitor. (A 480p60 video upscaled at 4K would drop anywhere from 1 to 8 fps, but more problematic would introduce very dramatic tearing from time to time. Surprising considering my computer isn't that bad with an i7-8700 and GTX1060, but whatever I digress.) However there is one odd behavior with madVR. Everytime I resize the player, or switch to fullscreen, the aspect ratio of the video will be messed up and will only revert to the appropriate ratio after an instant. It's not much, but it's very irritating for some reason... Is there anything I've missed in the configuration that could prevent such behavior?
    Did you ever fix this issue? just set up madvr + mpc-hc and have the same issue. If i go from windowed to fullscreen, it will extend the video vertically first, and then horizontally for a full screen image.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sadly no, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one with this behavior. My current workaround is to use MPC-BE with EVR, it's close enough to MPC-HC that I did not have to change my habits overmuch and video playback has been excellent.
    Quote Quote