VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a program or guide to make a video that looks like a news report?
    one example is this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x83M3_RdbJY
    like something from 0:00 - 0:06

and how do I edit a video to show the news info
    :

I'm doing this for my chemistry summative and I would appreciate it a lot from you guys.
    Thanks!
    Matt
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's called a "lower third." If you search google, there should be dozens of tutorials on how to make them. You can do this in video most editing programs. It's basically an overlay

The "news ticker" is a form of horizontal "credit roll" (some editors use different names for it) and again, most editing programs will have this capability
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can you give me a good editing program that I could use? the program having a trial is preferred. Sorry for asking dumb questions, but I have no experience with videos at all.
    Quote Quote  
  4. eg. Sony Vegas Pro , Premiere Pro

They have both free trials

Just google "how to make a lower third" and "how to make a news ticker" - and there will be dozens of tutorials, both written and video tutorials like youtube
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'll give Sony Vegas pro a try, thanks for this!
    Also, thanks for the news ticker idea, do you know how to make the intro like the youtube video?
    Quote Quote  
  6. The first few seconds are a motion graphics intro

It was likely done in after effects plus a third party plugin like zaxwerks proanimator or invigorator

There are literally 100's of tutorials on how to do that sort of stuff (motion graphics, 3d titles, etc...), but there is a bit of a learning curve. The news ticker and lower third are trival to do, but don't be expecting to do a motion graphics intro in a few days... it will take a few days just to learn the basics.
    Quote Quote  
  7. is it possible to make a .gif file from photoshop for this?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Gebraroest
    is it possible to make a .gif file from photoshop for this?
    For what part exactly?

You would usually use a .png with transparency for the lower 1/3.

A standard .gif is lower quality and only allows for 256 colors
    Quote Quote  
  9. the intro
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Gebraroest
    the intro
    Nope. You wouldn't use a gif for that.

Not to discourage you , but I think you're a bit over your head with the animated 3d titles. You need to learn about keyframing, reflections, 3d space, textures, camera moves.... This stuff can't be done properly in vegas or premiere. You need compositing software like after effects or nuke, and it will take a few days just to learn the basics
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I found this site when I googled dvd motion menu backgrounds:
    http://movietools.info/
    Although I have never used them, they offer free lower third loops.
    http://movietools.info/index.php?Itemid=14&option=com_zoo&view=category&category_id=16
    Maybe this might help you to get started.
    Best of luck with your project.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks for the help guys, but I had one of my friends to help me with the intro. You guys said the "lower third" is pretty easy, so I think I'm good to go. Thanks for all the help guys!
    Quote Quote